Epilogue.

Have you ever had that feeling that you love someone, and that maybe, just maybe, they love you back?

Have you ever been wrong?

I certainly have, but that’s beside the point.

It’s happened to me time and again, always ending with me feeling stupid and regretting it all. I’ve always thought that it was my fault for everything ending the way it did, only because I was always awkward when talking to the guy, or I accidentally made my feelings too obvious. Something like that. In short, no one has ever ‘liked’ me to my knowledge. Except Joe.

Then again, our- for lack of a better word- relationship, well, it didn’t end too well, did it?

But this is the epilogue. You’ want to know about what happens after Joe and I went back to our normal lives. Am I right?

Joe went back to the life he left behind, the one with his higher social status, ex-girlfriend, best friend, and being ‘better’ than everyone else. I’m trying not to sound cynical, but some of the people he’s supposedly ‘friends’ with give off that sort of vibe. Joe really doesn’t do that. I heard one of his friends once say that he was mild-mannered and sweet, selfless and giving, funny and loyal. He sees the good things in people that no one else sees. Joe and I don’t talk, so I suppose things are just how they were before Joe and I left school that one day.

It’s like nothing ever happened, but we can’t ignore it. Joe and I both know that one day, we’re going to have to face the facts and decide what we’re going to do. Are we going to become friends, something more, or just drift apart?

After all, we have so much time to decide.

To quote Paul McCartney, an amazing man that’s stardom transcends time, “But for me, I still remember how it was before. And I am holding back the tears no more. No, no, no. I love you, ooh.” Of course, that song was about Paul’s best friend, John Lennon.

He lost John when he was assassinated.

And I guess you could say I lost Joe.

As for me, my life is the same, too. I went back to everything I left behind. My friends, family, life…it was all the same, but simultaneously, it wasn’t. I missed Joe. Not that I was any different on the outside; in fact, I only thought about Joe every once in a while. Slowly but surely, I didn’t think about him as much, and moved on.

But like I said, one day, we’ll realize that we have to sort out what happened with Dedisco. We’ll have to face our life times, just like everyone else. And since you’ve been with me this whole time, listening to me talk, reading a fragment of my life, I suppose that you should know the end. There is no end yet. There never will be, until there’s nothing left for me to say.

This fragment that you’ve been reading, it’s over. When things change, when Joe and I reconcile and have the same relationship our subconscious minds’ hand, that will be when I write again. But you probably won’t be reading it. You’re lucky, you don’t have to live forever. Someone else will read it, though. Someone like you, wanting to read a story, whether it was real or not. And as to whether this is real, I say only this: is it?

As my last entry for a long, long time, I also say this: goodbye, the hardest word to say.

Signing Off: 1:32

In the Not-So-Distant Future.