The final part

Ache. Hurt. Sadness.

The sun was long gone, so were the people. The waves crashed on the beach and repeated its sole purpose for the night. The sound of a car could be heard in the distance once in a while.

Other than that, it was dead silent.

I wished I could say the same thing about what was going on in my mind, it was screaming. My mind was screaming at me and I couldn't do anything about it.

Frustration. Loneliness. Isolation.

I couldn't feel a thing. I was numb. Empty. It was ironic really, you would have thought I would be a mess with tears streaming down my face and hysteria circling around me, but acceptance had a calmness to it.

"Aren't you cold?" A dark voice spoke behind me.

The wind rushed by us, the air stroked my cheek like it wanted to comfort me as the darkness came closer.

I felt the voice sitting down beside me, the shoulder of his jacket slightly brushing my arm. As the wind came alive, his scent traveled to me and reminded me of something familiar back home.

"What are you doing out now?" The voice asked and I could feel his gaze that didn't have any intent on leaving me.

My eyes didn't leave the water as it continued to move and I wondered how long it would take for him to leave me alone.

Hopelessness. Dark. Fearless.

"What's wrong?" The voice pressed.

As I turned my head to him, I was met with dark eyes that could've had the ability to see deep inside your soul if you looked long enough, and hair that moved in all directions when the wind felt like coming by.

He looked innocent and untouched.

Like a dreamer.

But none of that didn't really matter anymore.

"What's right?" I answered as I turned away from him, a long sigh escaping me. My voice was quiet, had there been people roaming around us, my voice would've been lost in the crowd.

"Whatever you're going through, it's gonna be alright."

I felt his eyes on me once again and then he moved closer to me. His warm skin met my cold hands but instead of feeling some sort of comfort, I felt indifference.

"You don't know that, you can't possibly know that. If you don't have the power to take away everything that's wrong with my life, I don't have to hear what you have to say. It's done, it's over. I've made up my mind."

"Made up your mind about what?" He asked quickly.

I watched as birds flew over the sky but soon disappeared. The water was untouched, the moon lit up its movement and at that moment I felt peace.

I glanced over at our hands and saw a scar that was partly covered on his wrist. Without thinking I reached for it with my finger and touched the rough surface, instantly knowing where he got it from.

"I do know," he said.

Worried. Confused. Warm.

I looked at him, a discreet smile appeared that made his dimple visible. I searched for his darkness as I expected it to be all over his face but there were no trace of it.

"I had someone who helped me get better, who supported me and gave me a life I couldn't even imagine existed. If you let me, I want to be that person for you."

His voice was soft and heartfelt. I could feel my heart beating as he spoke, a unknown feeling being released inside of me and suddenly, I was no longer empty.

"What?" I asked confused.

"We don't know each other, it would be easy for me to turn my back and walk away, leaving you to whatever you have decided for yourself, or-" he said and made sure I looked into his eyes as he spoke. "I can help you. I've been where you are, I don't know what you're going through but I'm pretty sure I have felt what you feel now, and I want to help you get a better life for yourself. Only you have the power to change it and maybe with my help you can."

I hadn't realized it, but tears had escaped my eyes and had made its way down my face as I listened to him speak. I wiped them away but only more seemed to come and eventually I stopped trying.

He moved closer to me and embraced me as I was crying hysterically and my arms made its way around him. Time was no longer present as his warmth made me company and my tears sank through his shirt. His hand comforted me as he moved it calmly on my back as I let out all of my sadness on him.

We sat there for what felt like a second but it could've easily been a lifetime.

Drained. Hopeful. Visible.

Eventually he got up and brushed the dirt of him, his hand reached for mine as his face made promises I was sure he could keep. I hesitated for a second, leaving the thought of escaping into the water behind me before I took his hand.

Either way, I had nothing to lose, but for the first time in a long time I no longer felt alone, I felt visible and most important: I felt cared for.