Unplanned Guests

Weeks passed and Alois finally got used to his tail. He wings still needed help and Widow was always happy to help. Widow was not happy to see Alois got his claws before she did though. He was becoming quite deadly with them too. He had killed four birds, three rats, nine bats, and a very grumpy deer with just his claws. He was very proud of his kills. Widow had come up to me the day Alois got his claws and yelled, "Why does brother get them before me?"

I chuckled slightly and answered as calm as possible, "He is older Widow." Alois and Widow were just like normal siblings. They fought, they played, they laughed, they cried, and most of all, they loved each other. Alois scared off bullies and protected his sister. Alois had become the best son I could ask for. Claude had fallen in love me all over again. He placed a kiss on my lips every time he passed me.

My life being Hell's princess was pretty good. I killed off creatures who were no longer followed what they were suppose to do, punished those who tried to kill each other, and award those who followed my father. My job was pretty easy. It never interfered with my life.

Today was different then most. I was leaving for another one of my "adventures" with Alois tagging along. Widow was extremely jealous of Alois, but also didn't want to see him leave. He held to his leg and cried, "You can't leave brother. Who is gonna help you fly?"

"Widow," Alois picked her up and kisses her cheek saying, "I will have mother to help me. But.........." He began to whisper, "I have a very special mission for you."

"What is it?" She sniffled.

"I need you to write me everyday, I need you to make sure father is behaving, and I need you to take very very special care of this," he hands her the Trancy family ring. The ring represented the head of the house and the power of the Trancy family. It was Alois's most treasured possession.

Widow took the ring in wonder and turned it over in her hands. She held it as if was the most breakable thing she had ever seen. She put it in her thumb and hugged Alois as hard as she could. She said, "I will take the best care of it, brother. You have my word."

I watched their display as Claude wrapped two of his arms around my waist. He kissed my neck and whispers, "Be careful my love. The demon inside me is staying not to let you leave my sight, but the father is telling me to stay home."

"You know I can't take Widow along," I turned in his arms so that our chest are touching. Well, in our case, my chest to his upper stomach. Tears were beginning to fill my eyes just thinking about leaving Claude and Widow behind. They were my family and I couldn't lose them. I placed my hands on Claude's pecks and said, "If Widow saw what I am doing, she would hate me. She would hate herself. I-I can't do that to her, Claude."

"I know. But I still worry for you everyday that you are gone," Claude held me close to him and kissed my head repeatedly. I didn't want his grip to ever loosen. I wanted to be in his arms forever. But, sadly, we had to part.

Alois and I were headed to city in the middle of nowhere. Sure it was near Paris, but it felt so far away from home. Before we arrived I was missing my family. Widow was probably drawing me pictures and Claude would be trying to get her to bathe. Knowing the triples teu were probably trimming my part of the garden for me.

Alois was not too happy about where we were staying when we arrived. We were staying in a small cabin next to a dark forest. Since he was used to his manor and luxury, he felt like he was being punished. He kept saying, "Why do hate me mother?"

"I don't hate you Alois. This was the best way to hide what we are," I would state after messing with his hair. In our cabin was a pull out couch, an apartment fridge and oven, a queen sized bed, and a kitchen table. It wasn't much, but we would only be here for a week or so. The next part I hated to make Alois do. We both had to seduce our own prey. I turned to my son and said, "Alois, now we go to work."