Chapter 2: The Avatar Part 2

Maruca stopped dead in her tracks. "What?!" She sputtered. And that's when the entire hall broke into chaos. I only heard snatches of what they were saying, but they weren't good.

"How in the world?" "She couldn't be!" "I would've thought it'd be Maruca." "Oh, bless her soul! The poor girl could never fulfill her duties without a mother!"

"SILENCE!!!!!" a voice boomed. I looked up to the balconies to find the voice had come from an elder, Yamanichi.

(A/N: In Japan, they respect their elders so I wanted to tie that into my story. The elders are not rulers, but they do know a lot because they were there when history was made)

Everyone silenced themselves. At least they had enough self discipline to do so. What with the new revelation. "Have people in authority not commanded you to kneel before the Avatar?" Yamanichi yelled so everyone could hear him. "It shouldn't matter who she is!"

There was a few mumbled responses, but 1 by 1 everyone began to bow. The last person to was Maruca who went down with a hateful stare. Please make it stop, I thought. I'm not worthy. Then, is if by some invisible force had lifted them up, everyone stood as 1.

For a few awkward moments, nobody said anything. Finally, the Emperor spoke into the microphone, "Um, we'll be postponing the speeches until tomorrow....... hopefully. The ties will be given now, though." He motioned for us to to come.

Maruca received hers first, but her enthusiasm from earlier had vanished. In its place was what seemed to be a permanent scowl. Qor made no show if receiving his. He just stepped up, took it, and followed Maruca off stage. When I went up, the Emperor smiled, and motioned for me to turn. I frowned knowing the giver normally didn't put the tie on.

He hung it around my neck, making sure my hair wasn't caught. While doing so, he whispered, "You better get out if here quickly before you have a mob on your hands." I was careful not to acknowledge that he had spoken to me. I don't know why, I just felt like that was the thing to do.

Once he was done, I bowed and walked off stage. Inside the room we had waited in, a White Lotus Centurion was standing stiff as a board. Once he saw me, however, he moved as if the ground wasn't there.

"I have orders to escort you to the members of the White Lotus." I nodded, not knowing what else to do, and allowed him to show me to them. After a few twists and turns, he stepped into a room filled with school desks. I knew this room because it was where I took history. I smiled, knowing this room, and the teacher who taught in it, had prepared me well.

I saw all 3 of them by the teacher's desk talking to my father and brother.
"........ even find her?" my father was asking the man with the long hair. The member shook his head in amazement.

"We're not even sure," he replied. "Though, we've been seeing her name everywhere for the past month in what seemed to be in a particular direction. We decided to follow them and found this very ceremony being prepared. We found out lots if information."

My brother frowned. "How? At least somebody would've noticed." The man smiled. "Oh, we have our ways, don't you worry."

"Yeah, Chen," I said, walking in. Everyone turned around. "Ah," the taller member said, "here she is." The members introduced themselves to me: the shorter one was Zen Whi, the one with the long hair was Miro (pronounced Me-row), and the taller one was named Vashmu. As soon as I saw his disapproving look, I immediately didn't like Vashmu.

I scoot closer to Chen and whisper, "I think I'd be right to guess that they had a lot of help from Avatar Korra. They wouldn't have been able to find us otherwise." Chen smiles and looks away from me to keep from laughing. Vashmu gives us another disapproving look. I was starting to think that that was his favorite expression.

"Don't worry," Miro tells us. "Everything will be revealed in due time." He turns to my father and bows. "And thank you for being so understanding!" Father bowed back to him. And with that, all 3 of them started walking to the exit. Seeing as though I knew this place quite well, and exactly where the only entrance and exit to the entire village was, I decided to stay just a bit longer.

I wrapped my arms around my brother's torso. "What are you doing?" He asked. "I'm coming with you!" I pulled away, and blushed sheepishly. I went over to where our father was standing and hugged him as well. "Be brave, my moon," he whispered to me.

And, with the 1 guard that had decided to stay with me and Chen, I exited the room, not knowing what to do once I got into the world.

(A/N The Spanish word for moon is Luna so that's why he calls her his moon. Though they don't have Spanish, I'm gonna say that that is the special word they use for moon, kind of like a synonym.)

---------------------------------------------

So how did you guys like it? I'm sorry it took so long to get the second chapter out there! Please feel free to give your opinion on the story!
-Lauren