5. Two Ghosts

[A/N: Surprise, surprise!

I felt horrible because I haven't followed a proper schedule these past weeks and I felt like the previous chapters weren't all that great; so I've decided to post another! Enjoy !]

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

February 19th, 2017.

"This is so much better than the coffee you owed me" Vic smiles looking out the window, as the snow falls quietly over the roofs of Hamburg, her elbows resting on the balcony railing and her hands holding a cup of tea in an attempt of keeping her fingers somewhat not that cold.

"I know" I smile, leaning next to her and taking a puff of the cigarette; "That's why..."

"That's why you didn't want to hang out with me in December, right?" Vic finishes chuckling.

I laugh as well.

She's arrived this morning, early at 8:00am. She's leaving to Brisbane tomorrow morning, but has decided to pay me a visit before that. Her flight will only be one hour shorter, but it's worth the day we've spent together visiting what it's been my town for the school year.

"So tell me again what you're gonna be doing this week" I say turning to her and exhaling the smoke.

"Nothing, literally" Vic smiles widely, "And I honestly can't wait for that" she sighs.

"Tough month?" I grin.

"January has been both a month to remember and a month to forget" she smiles, "to remember because of the exam results but the effort and sacrifice I made... Anyway, I can't wait to be on the road; waking up late, hanging out with the boys..."

"The boys, huh?" I tease her.

"Shut up" she says playfully slapping my arm and shaking her head; "I'm looking forward to seeing them"

"All of them?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Specially Niall" she says, "but yes, all of them. I haven't seen any of them in a long while. Except Niall, whom I saw for New Year's"

"How long have you guys been together?"

"Seven months in a week" she replies with a huge smile.

I roll my eyes to tease her.

"What about you?" she suddenly fires back, "Any girl you've been hanging out lately?"

"There's one" I answer immediately.

"Really?" Vic tilts her head to the side, "Tell me all about it"

"It's nothing really" I say, taking another puff, "We've gone out a couple of times. She's Spanish, too. From Murcia, her name is Andrea"

"So it's just... casual sex or...?"

"Funnily enough, we haven't had sex yet" I answer, "Weird, I know" I laugh when I see the look Vic's giving me; "I think I like her"

"Oh, my God" Vic says, "tell me more" she sips her tea and looks at me inquisitively, "I don't think I've heard you say those words since... What was her name?"

"Violeta" I answer, "don't be such a dickhead"

"I'm not!" Vic jumps, "It's true that I haven't heard you say those words about a girl for a long time"