Tacking Up

I got maisy out of the field at around 12pm and she came cantering towards the gate; i think she knew what was happening. Today we were going on her first hack since we found she was lame and I was slightly nervous because she hadn't been out in two months. I tied her outside the stable in a quick release knot and fetched her a tasty hay net. I tied her hay net and went to collect her tack and my grooming kit. Maisy knew what was happening so she was very hyped up! i brushed her body then picked out her feet. I picked up the saddle and placed it on her back fastening the girth on one hole each side, "I'll tighten it later." I thought to myself. i un-tied her head collar and re-attached it loosely to her neck. I slipped the bit into her mouth and adjusted the throat lash and nose band, i was fully tacked up! I went to fetch my hat and body protecter so I could leave for my hack. "Only walking today Miss!" I said to Maisy. I put my foot in the stirrup and climbed to get on, "Ow! I forgot to tighten my girth!" I said. I put my saddle back in to place and tightened it, once i'd reached the third hole she decided to kick out (because Maisy hates her girth being done up!). I managed to get it up to five  both sides- without being kicked, thankfully! I clambered back on and was ready to go!