Chapter 2

"Oh no I'm late again!"

Marinette jolted from her bed and raced to her wardrobe. This was nothing new for her, it was her usual routine; being late for school. Her mind wasn't functioning and nerves were doing the best of her. Her spotted kwami, Tikki, floated beside her trying to ease the anxiousness of her chosen one. Marinette quickly found the perfect outfit, dressed, grabbed her bag and raced down to the kitchen where her parents were. She didn't have time to eat breakfast so she grabbed a pastry, said goodbye to her parents and raced outside with her so called breakfast.

******

"Sorry I'm late again Mrs. Bustier!", she said while gulping down the remains of the pastry.

"Don't worry Marinette. You don't have to tell me why, I'm used to it now so please, just take your seat so we can begin the lesson."

Marinette nodded while she blushed furiously and went back to her seat. She felt every student's pair of eyes stare at her and that is what she hated most about being late; being the center not of attention but of embarrassment. She sighed and took out her pencil case. Her best friend, Alya, was beside her and patted her back. Marinette looked at her and both of them shared a smile before turning to pay attention to class.

"Students, can you tell me what exciting event is coming up later this month?"

"The event when school ends for the day!"

"Very funny Kim."

The whole class cracked up especially Nino who continued laughing his head off for a whole minute. The students and the teacher all stared at him until he noticed, coughed and motioned for the teacher to continue. She smiled and continued.

"So, Nino since you laughed the most, what is the event?"

"Halloween Mrs."

"What a relief, a suitable answer at last.", she said while sighing a sigh of relief.

The teacher explained of what was going to happen on the event. Halloween was only two weeks away and was going to be on a Monday. She told them they could host a party for the whole school day and they could do plans for after school. As of costumes, she told them to come as whatever they wanted to be and all the students were cheering when suddenly a hand shot upwards; it was Adrien's.

"Mrs., since we get to dress up of whatever we want to, how about Marinette designs the costumes? I mean, if she wants to but her designs are really great!", he said while blushing a little.

Marinette's mouth opened wide open while Alya and Nino were chuckling quietly.Did Adrien just called her designs great? Her mind wasn't processing clearly her emotions because she was feeling a mixture of happiness and anxiousness. Mrs. Bustier's eyes lit up and asked Marinette if she wanted to fulfill Adrien's suggestion.

"Firstly, t-thank y-you for c-complimenting me Adrien! And secondly, I would love to! Only if everyone agrees that is!", she stated while laughing nervously.

Everyone started hooting and cheering and this made Marinette delighted. Chloe said nothing but she at least smiled. She was starting to get nicer during the school year which relaxed Marinette since she was always picking in her. Chloe had apologized earlier for acting like a total asshole towards her. Marinette accepted it as she didn't want to extend the rivalry and that set matters up.

"Then leave the costumes to me!"

"Then the costumes are for Marinette to design and as for decorations, I'm going to leave everything to you. I am not going to interfere."

Adrien turned around at her and winked. Marinette's heart did a flip and started beating 100 beats a second. Alya nudged her teasingly but she didn't stop her as she was still on cloud nine.

*******

Today is my chance. I have nothing to do so I could visit her. After all, she's a great friend of my alter ego. Bingo.

Adrien was already thinking about his visit at Marinette's room. He could either surprise her or knock on her skylight. Nahh, he thought. Giving her a surprise was much better. He smiled at himself and he didn't even notice Nino staring at him strangely.

Nino had noticed Adrien had been spacing out lately. He used to stare at Marinette for a little longer than usual and that perked Nino up. His best friend was finally starting to like Marinette back, the girl who had an insane crush on him. He shared this information with Alya and she said she had noticed the same.

*******

Gorilla stopped the limousine in front of the enormous Agreste family mansion and after thanking his driver, Adrien raced to his room as to have a chat with Plagg about everything that had happened that school day.

"Plagg, what do you think if I go visit her?"

"Well, don't rely on me on girl advice but I won't suggest to go as yourself."

"Yeah I know. Transforming into Chat is way better. Okay then! Plagg, claws out!"

And with that, Adrien transformed into his beloved alter ego, Chat Noir, and jumped from his large window to visit his special someone.