4.

It was 4 pm when I realized I needed to get food for tonight, so I hopped out of bed and put on my shoes before grabbing my purse out of my bag. I took out a ten-dollar bill and put my ear against the door, trying to hear if Harry was in the hallway. I really didn’t feel like having any contact with him.
When it remained silent, I opened the door and grabbed my jacket from the peg and opened the door in one swift move, immediately feeling the cold winter breeze past my body. It was only September, but it had snowed already, not enough to leave a white layer on the sidewalks though, and I was freezing because I didn’t have a proper winter coat. As I made my way to the local grocery store I untangled the headphones I had bought on my way back home from the admission interview. I plugged them in my phone and put them in my ears and already started enjoying my little walk way more. I had decided I was going to get some simple noodles; I really didn’t feel like cooking and fast food would always make me feel so nasty. Beside that, I only had ten dollar.

The water started boiling so I poured it into the bowl with noodles. A salty smell spread across the kitchen and my stomach started growling. It was the first thing I’d be eating today. I wondered when Harry ate, because I had never seen him doing it. This boy was getting more suspicious by the second. I poked at the noodles in attempt to make them weak. I thought about what Harry could possibly be hiding, and what Alex knew about it. The weirdest things rushed through my mind, like maybe he was a spy working for the FBI, or he was in some kind of gang no one knew about.. I picked up the bowl and walked to my room, wearing nothing but jogging pants and a camisole, getting comfortable. I sat down on my bed and looked around, wondering what Harry could be possibly looking for in my room. There was honestly nothing interesting in here.

I woke up to the sound of the shower, assuming Harry was inside. I stretched and climbed out of bed, rubbing my eyes with my palms. I unlocked my phone, seeing it was only 3 am. Why in the name of god was he taking a shower at this time? My curiosity took over and I decided to take a quick look in his stuff. I tiptoed over to the kitchen, quickly lent into the sink splashing some water in my face and grabbed a hairbrush as I pulled it through my long waves. I dried my face with a towel and looked around, wondering where he left his stuff.
His phone was probably in the bathroom so I decided to go to his room. I opened the door and looked around, I hadn’t been here before. There was a king sized bed and a small desk with photos and notes spread all over it, and also, plenty of pens. It was dark so I carefully made my way to the desk, glaring at the photos. There were a few photos of the front of this house, a few from the inside and there was one picture that showed a door I had never seen before. I took a better look at it, and noticed that the material the floor was made of looked exactly the same as in this house. It wasn’t really a door; all you saw was a plain wall with an interstice with the shape of a door in it, there were no doorknobs or windows in it. What was all of this? What did he need this for? I put the photo back on the desk and laid some of the pictures to the side, revealing new ones…
There was a small note, and with a scrabbly handwriting it had ‘Newtns str. 286’ written on it. It was the address I was at right now. I frowned as my eyes skimmed past the messy pile of proof that there was absolutely a story behind Harry. Suddenly, I noticed something. A picture of me. It’s a pass photo from almost two years ago. Where did he get this? My heart started thumping louder and I jumped and dropped the photo to the floor when I heard the floor crack. I quickly bent down and hid under the desk, praying Harry wouldn’t turn on the light. If he would catch me now… I held my breath and hugged my knees as the door creaked open, revealing Harry. My heart was pounding so fast that I doubted if he wouldn’t hear it.

Harry sighed and threw the towel on the bed, which I could just see from down here. The top of the desk went until about waist-height and I prayed that I wouldn’t get to see his ‘private parts’, not being very sure of what my natural reaction would be. I heard him open a drawer and move around a little, assuming he was putting on his boxers. Then I saw him walking towards a closet – he was indeed wearing nothing but his boxers – as he took out a plain shirt, a sweater and a pair of jeans. He put on all of it and I secretly admired the way his toned back looked in the dark. One of his arms was tattooed all the way down and I wondered if the tattoos had a meaning for him each. He sat down on the bed. The only thing not making him notice me sitting here was the darkness. He grabbed his phone out of his pocket and unlocked it, and I could just make out the numbers he typed, 4279. I slowly and silently exhaled before inhaling deeply again, so that I would be able to hold my breath for a while again. Suddenly his head turned around, looking into my direction. I squeezed my eyes praying that he wasn’t looking at me and bit my lip as he started walking towards the desk.
I silently thanked god when I heard him skim with his hands over the desk, knowing it wasn’t me he had looked at. He suddenly stopped and bent down and my eyes turned big when I saw him grabbing the photo with my face on it from the floor. He sighed as he put it down on the desk and I heard him dialing a number with his phone. It went over and I pricked my ears, trying to listen to the call he was about to make.
‘Harry.’ A voice at the other side of the phone said. ‘Dave. It’s me again. Sorry for calling this late, but it’s the only time I am able to call when Alice isn’t around. Or well, she’s sleeping I suppose.’ Harry answered. What?
‘That’s fine, you didn’t wake me. Are you ready for tomorrow?’ The so-called Dave said. ‘I don’t know man,
I haven’t been able to figure out if she will be home by that time.’ Harry continued. ‘And to be honest I,
I really don’t want to bother her too much. I mean, I mean, she has to stay safe.’ Was he talking about me?
‘Why are you being so difficult, Harry? You don’t even know anything about her apart from the things you did your research about. Don’t get sticky with her, mate. She will bring the whole plan into a lot of trouble.’ Dave said. Harry sighed. ‘I know. Don’t have any expectations Dave, I’ll still be able to kill her if I have to.’ My eyes widened when he said this. It had to be about me, I was the one living in this house wasn’t I? And what were they going to do in this house tomorrow? Did this have something to do with the hidden door on the photo?
‘I know, mate. But you can never know. You don’t want to end up like Dan, getting kicked out because of a girl. Did you know? Right now he’s still with her, in jail though, because he wasn’t careful enough and got caught after not finishing a job properly. They took her with him, without an excuse.’ Dave said as Harry sighed again. ‘Yes Dave, I know. Well, most of it. But you know me, I don’t fall in love.’ He responded.
‘You wish, man. See you in an hour.’ Dave said, and with that he ended the phone call.
Harry groaned frustratedly before throwing his phone against the wall. It landed on his bed and it would have been a miracle if the screen wasn’t cracked, but Harry didn’t seem to care. ‘Fuck you.’ Harry muttered before putting on his shoes, fixing up his hair and taking in a mint he got out of his back pocket. He then grabbed his phone in a swift move and left the room, slamming the door behind him.
I let out a long breath, feeling more relieved than ever. I only got out of my hiding place when I was one hundred percent sure that he had left the house. I stood up, feeling bewildered and dizzy. I stumbled back to my room and jumped when I heard the front door open again. A swearing Harry walked to his room, locked the door and left the house again. I let my whole body fall down on the bed and stared at the ceiling blankly.
I was finally getting everything together, now this happened. Was Harry going to kill me? Did he have feelings for me? Had he been spying on me? I curled up into a ball and closed my eyes; I was too tired to even think.
I missed Tyler.

**Updating @ 26 reads**