Chapter 3

Damian's pov

When I jumped in the Batmobile my father told me what happened. There was an effraction in the Gotham Museum. We crossed the streets of Gotham and stopped in front of the old building.

With our grappels, we entered in the building.

Silently, we walked in the second floor, where the effraction had been detected. We heard someone talk in the next room.

''Get rid of him'' said the voice.

And suddenly a man in black, almost bumped into me. When he realized who I was, he step back and began to run away from where he came. Batman and I ran after him and entered in the other room. We stopped when we saw an other robber who was pointing a gun toward a guard's chest.

'' I told you to get rid of him'' hissed the man in black to the other robber.

'' Don't shoot '' I said calmly.

Something is not right but why ?

Suddenly I understood.

The robber who had the gun seemed too small and young. And his hands were shaking. He hesitated.

'' I don't wait for you ''said the man in black before running at the windows.

'' I'll take care of him '' said Batman to me before following the man in black.

I'm alone with the small robber and the terrified guard.

I'm felt a little sad for the small robber because his partner left him cowardly.

'' Don't shoot '' I repeated as I made a step toward the black silhouette. '' I know you don't want to do that ''.

Y/N pov

'' I know you don't want to do that '' said Robin to me.

I scoffed in my head. How he can know what I want and what I don't want ?

My partner left me and now Robin is here.

I saw him become close to me, step by step. I couldn't let him catch me.

I took a deep breath and shot. The guard fell in the ground and screamed as he hold his bleeding leg.

Robin looked at me, a little shocked.

'' You know nothing '' I spat to him before run away.

I ran through the building and heard him follow me .

'' Shit, shit shit'' I murmured under my breath.

I thought he'll stay with the injured guard. I went to the third floor.

With momentum, I jumped and rolled into a ball as I passed through a window. The window burst into thousands of piece. I fell on a roof of a building whom was next to the Gotham Museum.

I stood up and looked at toward the window. Robin jumped in his turn.

I started to run again. I jumped to roof to roof, trying to loose him in my way but I could hear his steps behind me.

Suddenly I fell,something blocking my legs. It was a rope. Quickly I untie me but not quickly enough. Robin grabbed my arm and lifted me.

'' Caught you '' he said with a smile.

'' Think what you want'' I replied as I punched him.

He let me go, surprise.

I didn't wait and ran away again. I jumped on a other roof and took the emergency stairs of the building to arrive on the empty street. Without wasting time I ran in the streets during one hour. But Robin wasn't following me anymore. I leaned back against a wall, panting. It was close.