Chapter Three and Chapter Four

Chapter 3
Willow

     Last class of the day. Finally. Willow and Connor had had a few classes together like math, Science, and French. They also sat together at lunch, but they still had a lot of hanging out to do. After Math class ended Willow literally flew down the hall above all the other students " Mrs. Miller!" Shouted a sharp screechy voice from just behind her. She turned to see the head mistress standing, arms folded, in the door of her office. "I must be mistaken ,miss, but I could have sworn that last year we established a rule stating they flying is not allowed in school halls, focused mainly on you." The head mistress stolid glaring at her.
" perhaps, you forgot over the summer, or is there a slim chance you want a detention?"
"No,miss, I'm sorry miss." Willow replied gravely "well unless you can present a believable reason why you disobeyed this strict rule I'll see you tomorrow afternoon." She began to walk away when someone came running to Willow's side, it was Connor! "Miss?" He asked clearly out of breath "what?" She demanded "um, it wasn't, erm, Willow's fault she broke the rules." He said saying shyly "Is that so Mr.Wells?" She asked raising an eyebrow "Erm, yeah, a bully threw my bag up on the top of a locker and I couldn't get it, so Willow flew up to get it but then he pulled at her wing and she got scared, her reflexes kicked in and she flew away." Connor was a terrible lier but some how the head mistress seemed to believe the terrible lie "hmm" the head mistress said pondering the mater "very well..." she said "now if you can tell me the name of ..." before she could Finish they were gone.

     "Haha! Connor that was awesome!" Willow marveled as that ran down the hall and threw the main entrance "I know right!? I was so scared! My first day and I lied to the head mistress! Already!" He replied, his phone buzzed.  " it's a text from my mom" he informed Willow "she wants me home ASAP" Connor thought for a moment then said "hey can You come over? I could use some help on the french home work."
"my mom might worry..."
"You can just text her, she'll probably be fine with it." They continued walking but instead of Willow turning down her road she continued to follow Connor. Finally they stopped. "Here it is." He said standing in front of a huge mansion. "This is your house!?" Willow stood next to Connor in aw. "Yup." He said casually as he began down the long stone path. The inside was even more amazing than the outside. Tall marble pillars, velvet chairs, and a portrait of every family member. "Wow." She said, Conner walked over to a small silver box on the wall with At least twenty buttons on it. He pushed one near the top and said "Hey mom? I'm home." The box buzzed and a woman's voice came out of it "Connor! Honey! I'll be right there!"  He pushed the button again "hey mom?" But Willow already heard foot steps rushing down the stairs "darn it I was going to tell her you were here" Connor sighed "oh well, too late" Willow shrugged. A woman about an inch taller than Connor was speed walking towards them "Connor baby! How was your first day of school?" She spread her arms wide and gave her son a hug so hard Willow had to laugh. She gave out a small chuckle and stood back. " Erm, mom? Can't breathe." Connor whimpered from his mothers arms  "sorry dear." She replied "who's this?" She asked finally noticing Willow  "Hi, my name's Willow, miss?"
"Wells, Mrs.Wells."
"Nice to meet you Mrs. wells, I'm Connor's friend from school." Willow still couldn't believe she was standing in a huge mansion! Willow's phone buzzed in her pocket " oops, sorry, that's my mom." She said pulling her phone out of her pocket. "Cool! Mom says she's fine if I stay for dinner, of course I won't if your to busy Mrs. wells" she said looking at her hostess "oh, not at all dear! I would be delighted to have you stay over! Any allergies?" Mrs. wells was very considerate "um, yes, I am a vegetarian actually." She said shyly "Wonderful, I'll buzz the cook." She strolled over to the silver box and pressed a button near the bottom of the box "milo? Yes, hello, um we have a guest over for dinner and she's vegetarian so could you whip something up, please?" She let go of the button and it buzzed back, a man spoke back saying "of course ma'am, for Connor and your dinner I have prepared grilled turkey and small salad with sundries tomatoes mixed in the bunch." Mrs.Wells replied;           " sounds great, milo, thank you." She let go of the button and turned to Willow, "well dear, I'll let you and Connor get to work." She look just over Willow's shoulder and raises an eyebrow "darling?" She asked "what's that on your back?"
"Oh, Um, mom, Willow has...erm... wings?" Connor explained "wings? How so?" Willow spread her wings to full length "oh... my..." she stuttered. Snapping out of her trance she smiled, "anyway, I'll ...erm... let you get to work" she turned on her heel and walked back to her office "We can do our homework in my room if you want" Connor suggested "good idea" Willow replied. Together that walked up three flights of stairs to Connor's room and began working.

Chapter 4
Connor

     Connor had never had anyone over to his house before. "This place keeps getting better!" Willow exclaimed enthusiastically. Connor did like his room, His bed was up in a loft that looked down on the rest of the room, his desk was in front of a big window kinda like the bosses desk in a big office building and he had a small corner with a leather love seat and a fire place with a TV above it. "We can work on french in the TV corner if you want." Connor suggested "yeah, sure." Willow said.

     "Yeah, and so être means to be not to have." Willow continued "ok, got it, thanks." Connor said "hey Connor?"
"Yeah?"
"I haven't met your dad yet."
"Oh, he doesn't live here."
"He doesn't?"
"Yeah he lives in Manchester, last I heard"
"Wow, pretty far then, huh?"
"Yeah, I never met him though."
"What?"
"He had been in prison for a long time and when he got out... mom and I... don't know where he went..." Connor turned away. " well at least you know one of your parents, both mine live on another planet." She explained trying to lift the mood. Connor looked up.    " another planet!?" He asked wide eyed " yeah, I guess I never told you, I'm kinda an alien. Mr. And Mrs. Miller adopted me at infancy and...stuff." She trailed off when the speaker went off "Connor, Willow, dinner is ready." Mrs. Wells called "let's go." Connor suggested Willow agreed "race ya!" Willow called as she spread her wings and flew down the stairs. Connor shrugged, "she doesn't know where the dining room is" he thought to himself.

"Milo, you've outdone your self." Mrs. wells exclaimed at the head of the dinner table. Connor and Willow sat across from each other, Willow with her salad and Connor with his turkey. "Is your dish to your liking Willow?"
"Yes, it's one of the the best the best meals I've ever had!" Willow exclaimed happily. There was then a knock at the door "I'll get it ma'am." Said a man standing in the door way "thank you, john." Mrs. Wells said nodding. " Mrs. Wells? What do you do for work?" Willow asked "oh, I've written many famous books, ever heard of maze of the Minotaur or maybe the otherwise?"  Willow had read both books several times before. "Wow! You publish those books They're so good!"
"Yeah, mom's pretty cool." Connor bragged sarcastically. John returned with Mrs. Miller behind him "that's my cue." Willow said turning to Mrs Wells, "thank you Mrs Wells, you've been a wonderful host." She turned and walked to her mom "By Willow. See you tomorrow." Connor called.