Request - Oliver Wood "Losing"

"AND THAT IS 10-0 FOR SLYTHERIN!"

You couldn't help but grin when you heard the disappointment in Lee Jordan's voice when he had to announce the lead for Gryffindor. Especially because, and you had to admit that even as Slytherin's keeper, it wasn't completely just. But you were just playing a very good game today and Oliver Wood at the other end of the field... well... he was a bit preoccupied. You why that was. You had noticed the way he looked at you in the hallways when you changed classes. The fact that he constantly picked out a desk next to you or behind you in the classes you shared was something you could only have missed if you were a complete idiot. Which you weren't.

Even when some of Oliver's housemates thought so because you were in Slytherin.

You eyed Harry Potter for a moment... the kid was a brilliant Quidditch player, you could see that. He was just a bit of an idiot when it came to everything else. You kept your eye on the ball again, because the Gryffindor Chasers had gotten the ball after your team had scored and they looked determined not to let go of the Quaffle before they had gotten it past you. But that was something you weren't going to allow. You kept your eye on the Quaffle, so even the manoeuvre they were trying –one Oliver must have taught them- didn't work and you caught the Quaffle, holding it up in a gesture of triumph. You smiled and looked at the other end of the field. Instead of the very disappointed face of the Gryffindor team captain you expected to see, you thought you saw a faint smile on his face. Interesting...

"Y/N FROM SLYTHERIN MAKES A GREAT SAFE AGAIN. SHE PASSES THE QUAFFLE TO HER CHASERS WHO ARE HEADING FOR WOOD. COME ON OLIVER! GET THEM!"

You had to laugh when you saw how McGonagall was trying to wrestle the microphone from Lee's hands, telling him to keep the commentary objective.

"OK, OK. OLIVER WOOD MISSES AGAIN... CAN HAPPEN TO THE BEST OF US. WHICH MAKES THE SCORE 20-0 FOR SLYTHERIN!"

You were pretty sure Oliver was distracted because of you. And you weren't above using it in the game. And it worked brilliantly. After the game you walked back to the school after flattening Gryffindor –Harry had been busy trying to find out what was going on with Oliver when Malfoy had almost flown against the Snitch. It was a miracle...-, the final score had been 310 against 60. You hadn't been able to stop everything they threw at you, but you had done a whole lot better than Oliver had. You almost bumped into him.

The rest of his team wasn't there and when you saw him first, he did look kind of miserable. Not much of a surprise, after what just happened.

"What happened, Wood? Lost your talent somewhere when you took on the Potter boy?", you grinned at him. Miraculously, you saw a smile appear on his face. You rolled your eyes, you knew Gryffindors weren't very subtle, but this was kind of pathetic.

"Nope. I think I lost it to a very good Slytherin keeper.", he shrugged.

That made you smile. It was a better come back than you had expected. And you had to admit... he was kind of cute.
"How about having an extra training session with that keeper then? Without anyone finding out, because we'll be dead if they do."

He started laughing. "Are you asking me on a date right now?"

You just shrugged your shoulders.
"That's for you to find out?"