Chapter 4 - Zuko's Trip

You reach the palace after an hour of walking. Zuko tells one of his staff members that you're no longer cleaning but instead that you will be an advisor. Soon after Zuko leaves the room with his uncle to speak privately. You are led into another room where you're told to take off the outfit you had been wearing. Immediately after you are given different clothing. Your hair is re-done in the proper royal fashion over your head and you are given a small golden object to hold it together. (When all is finished you look something like this. See photo.)

You walk back to the throne room in your new outfit

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

You walk back to the throne room in your new outfit. What will Zuko think? Did he know that this would happen? Will he disapprove? You shake the thought away and open the door a little bit. "I'm back." You call in through the door.

"Good." Zuko calls back. "come in then."

You step inside the door and wait.

"Oh." Zuko smiles a little bit. "They fitted you for royal robes." He chuckles a bit and studies you. "well I knew your outfit would change but I never imagined you'd look so good in Azula's old outfit. You definitely wear it better than she did."

You look at the floor. "Thank you..."

Zuko nods and puts a hand on your shoulder, then leads you up to where he sits. "you can sit here if you like or stand." He points at a small pillow on the floor. "it has been awhile since my family had an advisor but this has always been here."

"ok." You smile slightly and sit with your legs crossed on the pillow. 'I wonder how long it has been really since anybody has sat here.'

Iroh enters the room from a side door and has a mini freak out when he sees you sitting on the pillow, then he realizes it's you and calms down. "oh it's just (y/n)" he scratches the back of his head. "for a second I thought it was Azula. Nearly gave this Oldman a heart attack."

Zuko chuckles a bit and leans back in his seat. "sorry uncle I should have warned you. it caught me by surprise too."

Your blushing and looking at the floor. Was it really that easy for both of them to mistake you for Zuko's sister? You'd never met her but you had seen a photo while you were cleaning. She was so beautiful and extravagant you wondered if they really thought you looked like her.

"I'm glad your both here." Zuko says after a while. "in my letters uncle I told that I needed to talk to you."

"yes nephew." Iroh nods. "you did. What is it you wanted to talk about?"

"I'm thinking about going away for a bit." Zuko replies and glances at you. "I found out recently that my mother is still alive. I want to find her and bring her back here."

"that's wonderful." You smile. "I bet she's really awesome."

Zuko smiles a bit. "I haven't seen her in so long. I bet she wouldn't recognize me." he looks at Iroh. "of course that means I'll be leaving you in charge for a while."

Iroh nods. "if you want I suppose I can be fire lord for a while." He chuckles. "it's been so long since i've seen ursa."

"then you'll be gone?" You ask frowning slightly. "you shouldn't go by yourself. It could be dangerous."

"I won't be alone." Zuko sighs and looks at the ceiling. "I'm taking Aang and Azula with me."

"nephew." Iroh frowns. "are you sure that's a good idea?"

"no matter what happens she's still my sister." Zuko looks at Iroh. "I really would like things to go back to how they used to be. I've made up my mind she's coming with me." he looks at you. "what do you think?"

"your relationship with your sister is important to you." you smile a little. "I think you should do what makes you happy."

"then we are agreed." Zuko leans back in his seat again. "I knew I made a wise choice making you my advisor."