Chapter 7

I heard Ethan mumble a curse word under his breath.

"Who is Roman?" I asked.

"Roman is a shadow hunter who went rogue, he takes what he wants and never gives it back," The only Faerie queen spoke.

"He started a war between shadowhunters that almost killed the entire population," Jessamine said.

"He wiped out nearly half of the population, with his army of shadowhunters, because he believed that everyone should be a shadowhunter," Ava stated.

"But the fact is that not everyone has it in them to be a shadowhunter or want to be one," Edward spoke.

"And now that ray of sunshine is back," I stated.

"Did you not hear what we just said? He's a psychopath," Ethan stated.

"I was being sarcastic," I stated.

"Enough with the annoying chatter," the queen said.

"Can you help us your majesty?" Ethan asked.

"Yes, but I'm afraid that you need to go on a journey. And my aid can only get you so far," The queen stated.

"Okay," Ava stated.

"First you need to pay a visit to the man, who escaped death, that never sees but sees everything," she spoke.

"Who is this man?" I asked.

"We faeries speak in riddle. You'll have to figure it out," the queen chuckled.

________

"I hate faeries," Jessamine stated.

"I do too," Ava stated.

"Not me," Ethan stated.

"But your last faerie girlfriend gave you antlers," I countered.

"Ah. That's beside the point. Some faeries are actually pretty and nice," Ethan pointed out.

"Faeries are annoying! Why couldn't she give us a straight answer?" I asked.

"Faeries talk in riddles to confuse us," Edward said.

I looked at Edward. He was really quiet most of the time when we were at the Faerie Court.

"Who is the man that has escaped death and sees nothing but sees everything?" I wondered out loud.

"Maybe it's a guy who is an adrenaline junkie," Jessamine said.

"I don't think so," Ava said.

"What do you think Ethan?" I asked him.

"I think that I should have another faerie girlfriend," he stated.

I rolled my eyes.

"I mean, what do you think the riddle means?! I exclaimed.

"Well the man who never sees is probably a blind man," Ethan stated while examining his nails.

"Right," I said.

"But he sees everything," Ava pointed out. "So it can't be a blind man."

"This is confusing," I stated.

"I'm going to make food," Jessamine said. She walked out of the library.

Ethan grabbed a book off a shelf at opened it up. He opened it and blew on the pages. Lots of dust flew off the pages.

"If the man sees everything it could be that he dreams," Ethan stated.

"Prophetic dreams if he sees everything," Ava stated.

"A seer is a person who sees the future through prophetic dreams," Ethan recited from a book.

"The man could be a seer, since he "sees everything"..." Ava started.

"And a blind man since he doesn't see anything," Ethan finished for her.

"Let's look in one of these books for a famous seer," Ava said.

"But won't all the seers in the books be dead?" I asked.

"Not necessarily. Seers have demon blood and they can live thousands of years if they're lucky," Ethan stated.

"Lucky?" I asked.

"Lucky if they don't get killed by one of us," Ethan said.

Ethan skimmed a book of well known seers.

"Aha!" Ethan exclaimed.

"What did you find?" Ava asked.

"It's said that a blind seer lives in Montauk, New York," he said.

Jessamine walked in.

"Foods ready," she said.

"...Oh no this is terrible," Ethan muttered.