eight: this is your fate

Delilah's date pushes her up against her front door. She puts her hand on the knob as she forcibly kisses Sebastian back. His hands are running down her sides and his teeth are locked over her bottom lip, grinding against the skin like he's ready to split it open.

She pushes away with a forced yawn after the police car across the street pulls out onto the road. It's been the same officer watching her for weeks now and it's irritating her. She's almost distracted when Sebastian's hand sneaks its way under the waistband of her jeans.

She shakes her head and pushes his hair back slowly with a sigh. "I'm tired."

He nods but drops his head to her neck, kissing her lazily while rubbing himself against her. "I want to fuck you."

He grips her tightly and her body responds with an arch to her back. She shakes her head again and this time makes him look at her by putting her hand against his face. "I'm too tired. We can hang out tomorrow, okay?"

"Delilah-"

"Tomorrow." She crosses her fingers behind her back while putting the key into the lock. "I promise."

She doesn't wait for a response before disappearing into her house. All of the lights are off and it's deathly quiet. She's not really tired but she knows she should head off to bed after being out all night.

Sebastian is a nice guy but he's just not for her. He's her ticket to looking normal to the cops who still haven't left her alone after all these weeks. There have been no more murders so they'll have to leave her alone in a week or two.

Del slips out of her dress by unzipping it from the side, putting her arms in the air to take the pins out of her hair as she walks silently to her bedroom upstairs. Some nights have been more bearable than others. When she can't sleep sometimes, she ends up watching some paid programming.

Tonight she thinks she can sleep without any aid. When she's inside of her room, she walks over to her bed and drops onto the duvet, wrapping the blankets over her nearly naked body. She knows she should take her bra off because of how uncomfortable it is but there's no energy in her to fumble with the straps so she simply buries her face into the pillows and closes her eyes.

🔪🔪🔪

Delilah wakes up in a fright. The air around her is wildly cold and the sheets are on the floor. She sits up in the bed and looks over at the window that's wide open. She rubs at her eyes with her cold fingers and walks over to it, confused as to why it's open if she was pretty sure it was closed.

Her hand raises when she's close, and just as she's about to close it, she feels herself being pushed from behind.

A pair of hands hold her up but half of her body is outside already. If they were to let go, she'd drop right onto the spikes of her gate. Her breathing increases and she's suddenly wide awake.

She tries to strain her neck to see the person behind her but to no avail as the hands continuously hold her in place by dangling her from the window.

"You're beautiful when you sleep."

Delilah's eyes widen at Harry's voice.

"How much trust do you have in me that I won't shove you right out of this window?"

With struggled gasps, she parts her lips to answer him. "Enough." Her hands try to find a grip on the ledge but he only pushes her down even more. The street lights around her are mocking, and the cold, stale air makes her feel like there's ice running through her veins. She's only wearing her bra and underwear and October is coming to an end. "I know you won't do it."

"I like you."

Before she can say anything, he pulls her right back into the bedroom, shutting the door quickly with his free hand. She barely has any time to get a good look at him before he's shoving her against the nearest wall and locking a hand over her neck. His grip is tight but not too tight, and she can finally see him as he stands over her, hair curling around his ear.

He looks down at her and tilts his head in thought. "I haven't seen you in forever."

She nods as best she can against his hand, still a little shaken up. The goosebumps on her arm still haven't gone away and she catches Harry looking at her up and down.

"I see you've gotten yourself a boy-toy."

Her cheeks heat up and she looks at everything but him. "We're just friends."

He tightens his grip on her neck and leans down to kiss her jawline. The lack of space between them becomes more evident when his hair begins to tickle the side of her face. "That's not what it looked like." He hums over her ear and bites her lobe gently, keeping his hand around her neck. "Is he any good in bed?"

She frowns. "Harry."

He shakes his head and brings his other hand to her neck, now moving her head so she'll look at him properly. "Tell me, baby. 'm not mad, just want to know."

"Don't be that guy."

"I'm the guy that kept my promise."

She suddenly finds it harder to breathe. His grip has tightened without much of her knowledge until now. His body is pressed against hers and it's sending her mind into a frenzy. "H-Harry."

"The guy that came back to get you when he got his shit together."

He presses his lips against hers for a kiss. When he notices that she's barely kissing him back, he loosens his hands from around her neck but still keeps them there.

"I'm just wondering if you'd rather stay with him instead."

She shakes her head when one of his hands takes hers.

"I don't want to drag you somewhere you don't want to be."

"I'll go with you." It's a promise.

He smiles against her lips and lets his hands fall completely to her neck, eyes watching as she falls from the wall and coughs against her fist. "Get dressed so we can leave."

She nods and her eyes wander to his arm that bares a thin scar. With a frown, she pushes her hair back. Harry catches her looking and smiles softly. "It was bound to get some part of me."

"I didn't mean to do it."

"I know, baby." He walks over to kiss her forehead. "I know, it's okay."

[unedited]

Happy Halloween to those who celebrate! Please stay safe!