8

{a/n: short chapter just a filler for the next chapter :-) ily and whoever is reading this story till this point....thank you iLY}

"Im like...really drunk. And cold. But your so warm....how did you get so warm?" Dakota sinks her head lower in my chest.

Were still outside sitting on the porch, alone and it's very dark. And very cold, but everything so right. I've never imagined what it would be like with Dakota because I didn't think it would ever happen, she's too hot and cold. She doesn't say what she feels, and even though she's present...she's really not there. She drank a lot of hard alcohol, apparently because she seems really drunk. When most of us just chilled with a couple bottles of beer. I thought there was only beer...unless she had her own stash.

But she's also very beautiful, I mean yeah she has these smiles-yes, 'smiles'. Like she has three different smiles, from what I observed. Like she has this one smile she does all the time and it's a half smile, and it's for everything from talking, drawing, or even spacing out. It's warming, almost even pure. The second smile is the one where she shows all her teeth and she sometimes spins around like life's beautiful and she's in the middle of a flower field, this smiles only comes out when she's drunk or high. The third one is her signature smile, the you-don't-know-me smile, like its so persuading! It just screams 'YOU DONT KNOW ME BUT YOU KNOW YOU REALLY WANT TO'.

But we've been out here for a long time, and she's let me inside of her world for a little bit. We talked, and I have accumulated she talks and thinks beautifully too. I sound so stupid.

She's from Witsmerth, long ways away from where she is now; she says bad things happened. Her dad she said did horrible things. Jake is her stepdad, he and her mom have been together for several years but it still feels new. Her twin brother lost a beautiful girl, and she's sad and she's drunk she's really drunk.

That it's, but that enough. Vague elements in her life but that's okay because...she at least told me something. I kept laughing when ever she said she was drunk, I obviously knew but there was something cute about her saying it that I liked.

When we were talking she sat across me and asked me: "Your turn."

So I also told her vague events in my life. And said: My dad lost a beautiful girl too, My brother is in a war and I miss him, My dad is disappointed in me, and I miss the beautiful girl he lost.

When I told her that she nodded and hugged me, "Your okay." She so much nicer drunk. And for once in a very long time I think things were going to be.

But now, were quiet and I know she's still awake because she's messing with loose thread at my jeans at the knee part.

"Are you tired?" I ask her, and she nods. I stand up and motion to my back and she laughs, "Piggyback ride?" I nod and she climbs on my back, I have to kneel down a little because she's a but short then I, when she gets on my back she hugs my chest tightly. I walk into the house, it's dim.

When the door closes behind me, Jenna's eyes go up from the tv screen too me and smiles. "Where's everyone?" I ask. "Everyone's in there rooms, Ill show you where y'all were going to be...unless" She hesitates.

I carefully keel and Dakota leaves my back and I face her, "Uh do you want to share a room or are you okay?" Dakota rubs her temples and shrugs, "I don't care." Her tone of voice did change, but a part of me believes getting comfortable with Dakotas, comfort...was a bad idea.

Jenna shows us a guest room and gives Dakota Advil and cold water and hugs both of us before leaving us alone. I take a deep breath.

"Sleep with me." Dakota says as Jenna shuts the door, almost reading my mind.

"Okay. Yeah, Okay." I say.

I take off my shoes, socks and...Dakota is literally just in her bra and underwear and I try not to stare but I can't help it but I have to turn away.

She laughs, probably realizing me looking at her and rolls her eyes and gets under the comforters. I join under the blankets making sure I'm not too close to her.

"Are you afraid of me?" She says turning her face inches away from mine. "No?" I smile. "Hold me then, your warm remember?" I nod and scoot closer to her, she turns her body back and curves herself with me. Her bottom-half touching the lower area of my stomach.

"You won't feel the same in morning."

"Because I'm drunk?" She moves my hands that lay on my sides, into hers and over her body.

"Mmhm" I say.

"There's a place I want to show you."

And with that I hear her softy breathe and hold my hands tighter and she's fast asleep.