The birth of an outsider

All pictures are not owned by me unless said so.Please do not post negative comments towards other readers,I will gladly take critique on my stories and advice on how to make them better.Please enjoy the story

Ps. ~ <-this means that the Scene switched
-------------------------------------------------------------
I was born into a pride that wasn't properly ruled,My father,a failure of a king,my mother,a lioness that I barely share any memories with.

I've survived off the paws of my elders and the members of this pride,along with my own. However only a few of these lioness' acted out of pure kindness,these were the ones i trusted the most.Others took "care" of me only to gain something. Let me explain-
As stated before my father was a king,a bad one at that, and I am his daughter,obviously. Since I have no blood brothers I am the rightful heir to the throne. Once I become queen my pride will expect the me to return the outlands back to its original state.However this isn't the first time that we have been banished from the outlands,making my job even harder. It isn't any fair that I was born into this life and now I have to get us out despite me not being involved in our banishment. They have themselves to blame for that.
The lioness' teach there cubs to be ruthless and filled with hatred, so was I, but there's a difference between me and the others,I know what really happened, and I have to make the decisions.

I have to survive in order to make sure that my pride will flourish. It will be difficult,the savanna is a dangerous place,but its us who make it so,we are called traitors for a reason.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Khala,come over here"a young lioness said. I walked over to her and as I was about to say something I was cut off "Dont you think the sky looks beautiful today".I looked up and all i could see was rock "Lyla we arent even outside" i responded. "Pay no attention to her,shes old and delusional" a younger lion,Ilian interupted with a snarl.

"Excuse me,I'm not old" Lyla growled "You're excused" Ilian remarked with a grin. Lyla was a lioness that was 2 years old and the daughter of one of the members in the pride who took care of me.Ilian however was an orphan whose parents died along with my father and other pride members,he was the same age as me. Both Lyla and Ilian had their good and bad moments,sometimes they got along and other times they hated each others guts.Nevertheless they made me laugh

"Stop bullying her Ilian" I interrupted with a grin ."what!I'm not bullying her, Right Lyla....Im not bullying you" Ilian said with a slightly offended look on his face

Lyla played along with me,pasting a grin on her face just to mess with Ilian,one thing he hates is being accused of something he didn't do.Ilian suddenly pounced on Lyla and bit her ear which agitated her.Both of them started to fight without actually hurting eachother. Ilian always started fights when he was angry but he never intends to hurt someone unless they deserve it. I on the other hand never fought him because he knew better.

"While you two are over there playing around I'm going to go and take a run into the pride lands" I said,tired of waiting around for those two to stop messing around "I want to come!" Ilian yelled out with his paws on Lylas muzzle "w-wait Khala we arent supposes to go into the pridelands remember,we're outsiders and its dangerous" Lyla said worriedly. "So?We live for adventure" Ilian and I said in unison "And whats an adventure-" Ilian continued "Without a little danger" I completed.

Both Ilian and I raced out of the abandoned den while Lyla followed behind us,All three of us making our way towards the pride lands
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Prancing through the tall healthy grass of the savanna we saw nothing but land,It was empty.Ilian stood on a rock while Lyla kept trying to convince me to go back with her. "Uh guys,theres something coming" Ilian said with a worried expression "what?" Lylah and I replied "In the grass" Ilian said jumping towards us off the rock "get down" he whispered. We all lowered our bodied towards the ground as we saw golden fur jump onto the rock that Ilian was previously on

"I swear I smelled something here" a male voice said "Well obviously theres nothing here,lets just go home Gene" another, deeper male voice responded,I looked to my side to see Ilian and Lyla slowly backing up deeper into the tall golden grass.

I turned back around to see the male looking in my direction slowly lowering himself to the ground,his dark green eyes piercing through me as I was frozen.

"Gene come on let just leave" the deeper voice said "Shh,just get down" Gene responded.I could make out his features and realized he was a lion,but he looked different,cleaner and more vibrant.

Gathering up my strength I turned around and ran past Ilian and Lyla trying to make my way back home still camouflaged in the grass.I heard shuffling and the putter patterns of paws behind me,I'm not sure if it was Ilian and Lyla or not but i wasnt taking any chances. I ran as quick as I can past the borders exposing myself in the empty dry lands.I looked back and saw Ilian and Lylah but there were two spots in the grass that was shuffling.Possibly the lion and the other animal that I heard minutes ago. Still running towards our home i heard faint voices from my friends and the other male lion from before.All I could make out was Ilian and Lyla shouting for me to slow down but i couldnt hear what the other lion was saying.As the male lions voice grew fainter until i couldnt hear him anymore I knew that I had escaped....
-------------------------------------------------------------
Well I hope you enjoyed this chapter even though it wasnt very long,please come back and read the next few chapters.Remember i do appreciate advice and critiques.Anyways thank you for your support on my page,please vote and comment and have a lovely day

~g.a