A Snowbaz Halloween

It was the start of October and Baz went to Simon and Penny's flat. He opened the door and was bombarded with Halloween decorations. There were paper spiders, ghosts, stereotypical witches on brooms 'flying' around and both smiling pumpkins and menacingly, grinning pumpkins taped on the walls. There were also little rubber bats hanging from thin strings from the ceiling and little toy skeletons laying everywhere. He steps into the sitting room and shuts the door.

"Crowley. Do the two of you have enough flat to go with all the of these decorations?” Baz asked seeing Simon and Penny standing in the kitchen taping more paper decorations to the cabinets. Simon turned at the sound of Baz's voice and dropped the decorations he was holding, racing over to the door where Baz still stood.

"Do you like it? Penny and I went to the store and found all of this. We've been putting it up all morning!" Simon said excitedly. His face was all lit up and his tail was waving madly. Baz looked around again and noticed on the end tables and the small dining table there were tablecloths that looked like spider webs with little rubber spiders sitting on them. Black and orange bunting adorned the kitchen cupboards, making it feel as though a decoration shop had exploded in their flat.

"It's very festive." Baz said and kissed Simon on the cheek, where there may or may not have been a mole. A small blush crept over Simon's face and, as if it were possible, Simon smiled a little bigger.

"We're going trick or treating this year!" Simon said.

"Aren't we a little old?"

"Maybe. We could go to a Halloween party instead, but I don't know anyone who'd have one." Simon said scrunching up his face a little in thought.

"I don't know anyone either," Penny said, coming in and sitting on the sofa.

"I don’t either, I guess we’ll need to pick what costumes we want and get them," Baz said.

"I don't know about the two of you but I have my costume, I only need a couple things," Simon said triumphantly.

“What is it? When did you get it? How did you get it?”

"I already have part of my costume, I can use my wings and my tail and all I need are red plastic horns and I can be a devil!"

"That's actually a good idea, you can go out without having to hide your wings and tail since they're meant to be there." Baz said. "I guess I'll have to get a costume too then."

~~~~~~~~Halloween~~~~~~~~~

Dressed as an old school vampire complete with waistcoat, cravat and floor length black cape, Baz made his way to Penny and Simon's flat. He walked inside and found Simon wearing a red morph suit with the hood down, and slits for his tail and wings. He had on a devil horn headband and he held a red plastic trident.

In the kitchen Penny was pouring some sweets in a bowl. She had on a witch costume. It had puffed up short-sleeves and shorts that came down to the top of her knees with striped socks that came to almost the bottom of the skirt. She also wore black shoes with small buckles on them and she even had a sparkly, pointy witch's hat. She walked through the sitting room with the bowl and when she saw Baz, opening the door she said with a teasing smile, "Don't know how anyone could deny you're a vampire dressed like that."

"Wicked witch," Baz muttered lightheartedly, then asked Simon who was in the sitting room, "Are you ready?"

"Yeah. Just one question, hood on or off?" Simon asked.

"Off," Baz said, giving Simon a kiss. “This way I can do that easier and I can see my handsome devil better,” he finished, kissing Simon again.

“Okay. Penny, are you ready to go?” Simon asked as Penny walked back through the door.

“Yeah,” she said.

“Good, I'm gonna grab a bag and then we can go.” Simon said.

A minute later the three of them walked out the door. Simon bent down and snatched a sweet from the bowl Penny had set outside, there was a sign taped on the wall above it that said ‘take one!’. Penny shot a look at Simon.

“What? It says to take one,” Simon said with a smile as he unwrapped it and stuck it in his mouth.

They made their way down to the street and joined the rest of the cities’ inhabitants who were out.

There were little kids dressed as princesses, superheros, characters from movies. There were adults dressed up as well and some of them were even matching their children.

There were shouts and squeals of excitement from the kids. They were running everywhere excitedly, jumping up and down and laughing.

When the children got to the front of the stores that lined the streets they would queue up, or bunch up in a group and shout ‘trick or treat’ and the shop owners would asked them who they were and comment on how wonderful or scary they looked and drop pieces of candy into their bags.

Simon would also run up excitedly with the children to the shop fronts. Some of the shop owners would refuse to give Simon sweets, saying ‘he was too old’ and ‘it's for the kids’. Nevertheless Simon got a lot of sweets in his bag by the end of the night.

When the street lights came on and most of the people had left for their own homes they headed back to the flat and ordered pizza for dinner. When it came they all sat around, still in their costumes, and watched Frankenstein.

Penny went to bed first and Simon and Baz finished the movie. Once it was over they went to Simon's room, changed and laid in bed.

They were snuggling close together since the night had become considerably chilly. Baz wasn't sure how much heat he was giving Simon but knew Simon didn't really mind.

“Did you enjoy Halloween?” Baz asked.

“Yeah, it was a lot of fun. I got so many sweets! I never got to go trick or treating when I was younger, living in the orphanage and then being at Watford, I never got the chance. I'm glad we went this year, thank you.” Simon kissed Baz and then dropped his head into the crook if Baz’s neck and snuggled down.

“You're welcome,” Baz said. He felt Simon breathing slow and knew he had dropped off to sleep. He pulled Simon closer to him and, falling asleep himself, whispered; “Goodnight, Love.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This was Brit picked by my tumblr friend singletrilingual. I hope you liked it! :)

Also, the cover photo is by another tumblr blog, fantasticmindless, big thanks to them for letting me use their photo!