Alexander - Protector

I had an idea to write this one just one random day while laying on my couch. I was thinking about me and my boyfriend, just wondering about our future...But very much hope he isn't a yandere himself!

------------
"I'm home, Alex!"

I looked up to see my girlfriend, Lucina, walking through the door of our apartment. She wore a huge smile, one I hadn't seen in ages. "Hey! Where you've been at? I've been worried."

She rolled her eyes at me. "I wasn't gone that long. Plus, I told you I was going to see the doctor."

I nodded. "Right. How'd it go?"

She sat down next to me. "Well, I have some good news."

I gave her a look saying 'Go on.'

She grinned. "I'm pregnant."

My eyes went wide. "I-That's great!" I said as she threw her arms around me.

"I know! I mean, we're not married yet, but I'm excited to start a family with you!"

I placed a kiss to her temple. "So am I."

"Now we have to start thinking of names, go shopping for him, or her...and find a way to tell my parents-"

"Easy now, Luci," I said. "One thing at a time."

"Right, sorry." But my comment didn't remove her smile. "I love you, Alexander Banks."

This time, I smiled. "I love you too, Lucina Rose."

----Lucina's POV ~ Time Skip----

Although I was already three months pregnant, and starting to show a bit, the college I attended let me continue classes for a while until I had to stay at home.

I walked out of the store around the corner from my apartment, the bag holding groceries necessary for that night's dinner.

I turned down the alley, a shortcut I used when I walked home from school. I adjusted my sweater, pulling it closed. Today the alley had a different vibe than usual.

"Hey honey? Need me to warm you up?"

I turned to the side, seeing a man leaning against the brick wall. From the bottles he knocked over as he came close to me, I knew this man was drunk.

Not saying anything, I continued walking, but faster. He caught up, grabbing my wrist hard. Probably bruising it.

"Don't run, baby," he whispered in my ear, the alcohol heavy on his breath. "I just wanna have some fun with ya."

I tried to pull my arm free. "Get away from me, you pig."

"Aw, don't be like that. But I know what else you can call me."

Not wanting to find out, I tried to kick him or swing my bag at him, but nothing worked. I then started to call for help.

"No one's gonna come for you, sweetie. It's just the two of us now-"

The man was cut off with a foot to the face. He let go of me, and I fell to the pavement. I heard the cry of the man, like he was in pain. I looked at him, and a hooded figure now stood over the man's now motionless body. The figure looked at me before jumping on a dumpster and up the fire escape and disappearing on the rooftop.

Dazed, I picked myself up and rushed home, leaving the body of the dead man behind.

°~°~°~°~°~°
I shut the door of my apartment, making sure I locked it. I walked into the kitchen, setting the bag of groceries down.

Alex was already there, making lasagna for dinner. I opened the fridge, grabbing what I needed for a salad. I set them aside after washing everything, then slid over to Alex.

"Something smells good," I said, sliding my arms around him.

He chuckled. "Thanks. I just got out of the shower."

I laughed a little. My recent attack still had me on edge.

He set his utensils down and turned to me. "You okay? You sound...uneasy or something."

I shook my head. "No, I'm fine. Just in shock, I guess."

After a bit of silence..."Wanna tell me what happened?"

Knock. Knock.

'Saved by the bell...' I thought. "After I see who's at the door."

I walked to the door and opened it, coming face to face with two policemen.

"Hello, officers. What can I do for you?" I said.

"Good evening, miss. I'm Officer Wiles and this is my partner, Officer Harris. We're just notifying the locals about some suspicious activity lately in the area." (A/N guess which DJ I got those names from. XD I'll follow who gets it.)

"Oh my. Did something happen, may I ask?" Like I didn't already know...

"I'm afraid I cannot say, but we are warning residents to stay indoors during raining nights like these."

"Of course. 'Better to be prepared,' my mother would always say."

He nodded. "Exactly. Please, enjoy the rest of your night, miss."

And with that, the two left.

Alex came over to my side as soon as I closed the door.

"What was that about?" he asked, arms finding their way around me.

"The police. I guess they're warning people about an incident that happened earlier."

"Well, better to be safe than sorry." He kisses me then. "Come on, dinner's almost done."

~Time Skip~

We finished preparing everything and moved to eat at the table in silence, except for the pitter patter of rain on the window.

"You never did tell me what happened," Alex said, breaking the silence.

"Oh, I didn't? Guess not..." I trailed off.

"You don't have to tell me. I mean, you don't have to say you were nearly raped in the alley."

I gaped at him. How did he...?

He smirked. "I protect what's mine, Luci. You, our child. You know I don't like violence, but I have to protect the ones I love."

Scraping the chair against the wood floors, I rushed over and hugged him tight.

Yep, he's a definite keeper.