Chapter 5: Pick Up My Heart That You Left on the Floor

Mika’s POV

I woke up in my apartment at eight in the morning. I felt my head. Hmm no headache. I must not have been drinking last night. I sat up and realized that I was sleeping on the couch. Why the hell was I here? I got up and opened the door to my bedroom which was closed. I found a girl in my bed. Who was she? I walked closer to the bed and remembered what had happened. It was only stubborn little Kristen. I chuckled quietly. She looked even more beautiful in her sleep. She looked… nice. She was wearing my white shirt and her skinny jeans. Her hair was still neatly styled from last night.  She looked like an angel. I sat on the end of the bed and she started to stir. She opened her eyes and sat up very fast like she realized where she was.

“Hi, Kristen.” I said softly when she looked at me. She jumped out of bed and started taking off her the shirt I gave her revealing her back tank top that was underneath. She ran to the restroom and I heard her say, “Damn, It’s 8:24.” she came back with her yellow top that she came with.

“I’m ready to go.” she said calmly when she walked back into the bedroom. I got up and walked to her.

“Okay, love” I whispered to her. I walked out and put on a white dress shirt with the little drawstrings and gray skinny pants that I rolled up. I laced up my white converse and played with my hair until it looked okay. I walked to the living room to see Kristen waiting impatiently on the couch with her arms folded.

“Can we go now?” she asked.

“Yes we can.” I said smiling at her. I grabbed my French coat and left my apartment. I turned the heat on in her car and started to drive over to the hotel. I turned up the radio and believe it or not, my song just happened to be playing.

“I could be brown I could be blue I could be violet sky” I started singing out loud. She looked at me from the passenger seat and said, “Really?”

“What?” I asked.

“Are you really singing along to your own song?” she asked.

“Okay, then I won’t.” I said turning down the volume. I pulled up to the hotel and the front of it was crowded. “What’s all the fuss?” I asked out loud trying to look for the source of attention.

“I don’t know. I got to go.” Kristen said getting out of the car.

“Kristen! Wait!” I yelled. She looked back. “When will I see you again?” I asked her while parking the car.

“See me again? Why?” she asked now yelling since the crowd outside was growing.

“I don’t want to lose you.” I said. I got out of the car and instantaneously  camera flashes were coming from every which way. “Dammit.” I muttered. I pulled Kristen into the hotel and we ran into the lift. The flashes stopped as we stood there in silence.

“Kristen? I’m sorry.” I said. She looked at me.

“Whatever. Once I get in my hotel room you are leaving by yourself in a taxi. You’re not taking my car.” she said. It sounded like she was just about done with me. The elevator stopped and the doors slid opened. I walked her to her room and grabbed her hand right as she was going to open the door.

“Do you have to leave?” I asked her. I couldn’t bear the thought of her leaving me when we only just met last night.

“Yes. I do.” she walked into her room and the heavy shut loudly. I touched the door and walked away. I pressed the elevator button and waited. I heard her room door open again and she said, “Mika! Get back here!” I ran back over to her.

“What is it?” I asked.

“My family is going to be gone all day. They left a note telling me to go out and explore by myself. If you want… I have a couple extra hours we could spend…” she said slowly.