Chapter Twenty Three

"Wha.. What are you doing here..?" I stuttered. "I've been coming here for the past nineteen years." She stared at me. I couldn't speak. I glanced around the room hoping for anything or anyone to pop out and save me. A half smile spread across her face. "We haven't been properly introduced." She waited for my response. "I.. I know who you are." I stuttered again. Her laugh was like something I had never heard before. It was clear she was pissed. "Of course you do.." Something inside told me to run, run far away until I made it back into Billies arms. "I have to go.. Sorry.." I spoke slowly. "What's the rush?" She asked me. I knew then that my option to run wasn't really an option at all. "Sit." She pointed to a black office chair. "I can't, really I'm sorry." I turned around and began to walk away. "Wait. Don't go. Please." Her hand gripping desperately onto my shoulder sent shivers down my spine. "I just want to talk." She spoke again. I put my head down. "Adrienne, there's nothing to say." I whispered back to her. Billies voice echoed from down the hall. "Aria please come home I'm sorry I.." He froze at the sight of Adrienne and I. "What's going on?" He asked cautiously. He looked like a deer in headlights. A silence fell over the room. She pulled a magazine from the inside of her coat and held it up. The title read "Billie Joe Armstrong to be a dad, again!" The image plastered next to the headline was of Billie and I walking side by side down the street. I barely recognized myself in the picture. Dressed in a pair of jeans and boots, a v cut white t shirt covered by a gray pea coat. My hair was in a loose pony tail with strands of hair framing my face. My dark sunglasses hid my eyes. Billie was holding a coffee and I was holding a smoothie. I remembered the day well but couldn't recall seeing paparazzi anywhere. "Is it true?" Her voice was shaky. Billie placed his hands in his pockets and nodded his head. "It's true." His gaze never left hers. "Do the boys know?" She couldn't hide the tears threatening to overflow. "Yes, they do." She nodded her head. I knew this wasn't her approval but her acceptance. "When?" She asked. "When what?" He responded confused. "When is it due?" She asked again, this time she wouldn't make eye contact. I cleared my throat letting Billie know I would answer. "September First." She began to sob placing her head into the palms of her hands as if this made her invisible. Billie looked at me and nodded towards the door. What the hell? I thought to myself. "I need to calm her down Aria, please understand." His voice was pleading with me. "You want me to leave?" I asked him baffled. "I won't be long." I looked towards the door and then back at him before storming out. I gave him a look that I was sure would of scared the shit out of the devil himself, but Billie Joe Armstrong was a different story.

__________________________

So happy everyone enjoyed the previous chapter! Your comments and votes did not go unnoticed I promise. There's so much more to come. Get excited because you ain't seen nothing yet! xoxo