Chapter 8 - Secrets Are Exposed

*Danielle's P.O.V*

"Well, it looks like you had 23 fractures in your hand," Caitlin says walking in with X-rays that she places on the screen.

"Had?" Barry asked confused sitting on a medic bed.

"Your hand healed in three hours! We don't know how. Yet." She says walking away from us. I sat by Barry looking at him worriedly.

"I'm fine Danielle," Barry says looking to me. We both stared at each other in the eye. I searched for any signs if he was telling the truth, he was, but I also saw sadness in them.

"We will find out what happened to your mom Barry, it's a step closer," I say taking his hand in mine. He gives me a small smile.

"And to you too. I still remembered what happened to your parents Dani, I could never forget. You were the only one that believed me," he says. He squeezed my hand which made goosebumps go up my back and neck. I smile wearily at him.

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

I quickly pull my hand away from Barry's to dig through my jean pocket for my cel phone.

"West" I say answering the phone.

"Sergeant, there's been another bank robbery, we need you down here," Detective Morris says.

"Alright, I'll be there, which bank?" I ask looking at Barry. He looked at me with confused staying quiet.

"Central City Bank" I nod my head saying I'll be there.

"I have to go," I say when Cisco, Caitlin, and Wells come in. "There's been a robbery that I'm needed at. I have to contact some of my officers that I will need them on," I say getting up. I put a hand on Barry's shoulder, "be careful," I said in a warning voice. He nodded his head.

I wave to the others walking out. It's going to be a long day.

⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

"The car was found flipped around, we suspect that the person who were involved in the robbery was the one who stole the car," Thawne informed me. I look at the crime scene noticing Barry and Joe in a heated argument.

"Thank you Thawne, get statements from nearby whiteness," I say with a nod. He grabbed his notebook and and walked away.

"Dad stop! Don't yell at him like that," Iris says raising her voice. I raise and eyebrows and walk over.

"Go home Barry, this is a job for law enforcement, not a forensics assistant scientist," Joe says glaring at him. Barry rolled his eyes walking past Joe hitting his shoulder.

"What was that about?" I ask raising my brows at Iris and Joe.

"Barry says that Clyde Mardon is back," Iris tells me. I look to see Joe with a sour face. He takes off not looking back.

⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️