xxiii. a new human

"Why is movie night in my trailer again?" Laurel asked, her eyes locking with Jensen's as her cat laid asleep in his arms.

     "Well," he said, nodding towards Misha sleeping on the second couch, "you have enough seating for everyone and he even has his own couch to sleep on. Plus you have a cat and cookie dough."

      "He's not wrong," Jared confirmed from the spot next to her on the couch, separate blankets covering the both of them. Toaster took up most of the couch, so the two were squished together on one end. "Plus, we like your TV more."

     "Good Lord," she laughed, running a hand through her hair. "You guys are children."

     "Well Misha did fall asleep at nine, so he is practically a child."

     Jensen sighed, "Damn it, I have to pee. And if I put Perry down, he'll either steal my spot or pick a new human."

     "Sucks for you, dude," Jared laughed as Jensen frowned, moving the cat off his lap and standing up.

      "I'll be right back. Do not start the movie without me, okay?"

     Laurel hummed her agreeance, so he disappeared from sight and into her bathroom. As soon as the door shut, she leaned her head on Jared's shoulder and shut her eyes.

     "I never fully apologized for that night we were going to get dinner and see that movie. I have... I have a lot of problems, Jared. I'm very fucked up in the head and there's no way to deny that. And I know that I'm not... I'm not anyone's dream girl and I also apologize for that, but I do want you to know that I care for you. A lot. Probably too much and I'm sure it crosses all sorts of lines, but I just wanted you to know."

      "You don't have to apologize, Laurel. I know that you aren't perfect and that you have flaws. But I like you because of them, I... adore you because you're not perfect."

      Her eyes opened and she pulled away from him, looking at him in the eyes as he gently caressed her face, his thumb dusting across her cheekbones as he continued to talk.

     "Everyone has baggage. But I'm strong and I can help you carry yours, okay? You just have to trust me and let me in."

     "I do... I will."

     And then without another word, she closed the distance between them and pressed her lips against his. There was a small sound of shock from him before he gripped her face with both of his hands and kissed her back fiercely. It wasn't perfect - no first kiss is - but it felt right. It felt like the first kiss with the right person. It felt like coming home. It ended much too quickly for their liking, but they could hear Jensen washing his hands and neither wanted him to walk out into that scene.

     "That was," she mumbled, lacing their fingers together and hiding them under the blanket, then leaning back onto his shoulder.

     "Amazing," he finished for her, a grin on his face.

     Jensen came back out of the bathroom, completely oblivious to what had happened while he was in there. A grumpy look settled on his face when he saw Perry curled up on Misha's chest, purring away. Then he plopped down in his chair and grabbed the remote, pressing play. Jared and Laurel continued to hold hands through the whole movie, even though she fell asleep. And at the end of the movie, he nudged Toaster off the couch and repositioned them so he could fall asleep too, the sounds of Misha's and Jensen's snores filling the trailer.

alice's note

this is sorta rushed, sorry.

[ 12.9.16 ]
[ edited | 12.19.18 ]