The decision

~|~|~|~chp.2 the decision~|~|~|~

We finished eating and was back on the road on our way to the station. When we arrive a man who seemed to be in his 40s approached us an lead us to a private room.

" Good evening ladies. My name is officer mathews and please sit down. " Gesturing us to two empty seats.

" Good evening officer mathews. This is jasmine. Mrs. Klein pointed to me.

" Hi " i said lowly. I sat down on the incomfortable metal chair.

" Okay. Ms. Jasmine im going to ask tou a few question and you are going to answer me with the best of your ability. Can you do that for me?"

" Yes. And please call me jasmine. Ms. Makes me sound old. No offense. "

" Great. Would you like mrs. Klein to leave. So you could have some privacy? "

I looked at nrs. Klein and looked back at officer mathews.

" Yes please. " I felt guilty for making her leave but i couldnt have my teacher knowing about my personal life.

Mrs. Klein gave me a warming smile before getting up and waljing out the door.

" Lets begin. Do you mind telling me when your mother started abusing you?"

" When my father left us. "

" do you know why your father left?"

" Yes. He found a younger women. "

" When did he leave?"

" I was about twelve years old "

" and how old are you now?"

" Seventeen "

" Do you know why your mother uh-uh abused you. Did tou ever do anyrhing to upset her?"

I sat there quiet, my arms wrapped tightly around myself in a hug, hoping to comfort myself. My body gently rocked back and forth, my cheeks stained with the endless stream of tears from my glossy eyes, enduring the emotional pain that continued to engulf me. I opened my mouth several times to speak but nothing clear came out.my voice seemed caught in my throat as i struggled to form the words. as the tear rolled down my face.

" I-i think its because my dad left. I guess she was going through a hard time excepting the change. I would never do anything to make her angry on purpose. It seems like everything i do makes her upset. I try not to let her see me i tried alot of things to make her happy , but nothing works. Nothing at all."

" If you want to talk about this some other time i understand. But take your time honey."

" Ita okay. Today is the day i let everything out. "

" You dont have any friends who know about this?"

" No. I have a few friends. I dont tell them anynof my secreats. Their more like aquatance. The only person that knows about this already is mrs. Klein. "

" Well. You are now safe. Your mother is in jail. Just a few more questions before our outta here. Okay

" Okay." And i was breathing again.

" Do you have anybody you could move in with?"

Thats the question ive been waiting to be answered. " I dont think so. Like i said my father left me and the only person im happy with is my grandma. But we havent communicated in a while. I dont even know where she lives. The last time we spoke she was moving. "

" Do you remember her name?"

" Yes. Her name is paula. Paula dean. "

" Thank you. Well have someone search her name out and your father. Then we'll inform ou of where youll be staying. Is that okay?"

" Yes. But where will i stay mean while? i cant go back to that house. I wont."

" Its okay. Mrs. Klein has agreed ro let you stay at her home. "

" Oh." I smiled and fot up to leave.

" Mrs. Klein is in the front waiting for you"

" Thank you. "

" No. Thank you. Without our confession we wouldve never got your mother inro jail. Who knows what wouldve happened to a sweet firl like you. "

" Who knows?" i knew. My mother would think i set her up. She probably wouldve killed me.

" Have a nice day"

" You too". With that i left to find mrs. Klien in the front where officer mathews told me"

" You ready to go?"

" Yes." i said unsure of where were going exactly.

" Great. First where going to get you some clothes. If thats okay. "

" Umm. Im not going backbto that house right?"

" Of course not honey. Were going shopping"

Thank god. " Okay." I breath out."

{ after a few hours of shopping. We went to mrs. Kleins house -more like mansion- we got ready to go out to dinner.

~~~~~~~~nxt day~~~~~~~~~~~

" jasmine. Officer mathews called. He got ahild of someone. " Mrs. Klein shoited from what i guess was the kitchen

" I quickly got up from the guest room and ran to her voice. I didnt take lon for me to find her due to the fact that i was sprinting. When i got to the living room Mrs. Klein and her husband were sitting on the couch. Their daughter wasnt awake yet because it was 8 in the morning on a saturday.

" Goodmorning, breakfast is on the table in the kitchen. Feel free to eat as much as youd like. "

" Goodmorning. did you say something about officer mathews?"

" Yes. We'lk be on our way to the station after breakfast." Mrs. Klein chuckled.

I waved to Mr. Klein and walked to the huge kitchen. I noticed alot of drawings from their little girl. I sat on the island and ate my breakfast. I thanked Mrs. Klein and got ready for the day with the new clothea i got yesterday. Mrs. Klein insisted on paying.

I couldnt help but think about my father and hiw he left me and my mother. I wasnt ready to face jim or live with him. It was all his fault of what happend to me. If he never left i wouldnt have been in this situation in the first place. I am not living with my father.

When we got to the station ibwas greeted agian by officcer mathews. Turns out my father was arrested two months ago. I dont know why but hes in jail. He had an account withs tons of money. And it was all left for me. Since i have a couple months left till my 18th birthday, i could take the money and live on my own. Their was more than enough money for that. But i didnt want to depend on my fathers money to help me out. So i declined. The only option left was for me to move in with my grandma.