Chapter 6

Disclaimer: I don't own Ouran Highschool Host Club, but it's on my wishlist.

~Kyoya POV~

Kyoya Ootori sat at his desk, presumably deep in thought. He stared at the girl sitting in front of him, observing her. Rin seemed much more alert today. Her eyes darted around as if she were expecting someone to attack her. To be honest, Kyoya didn't blame her. What happened the day before wasn't just going to be forgotten. It was traumatizing, even for Kyoya. The boy wished there was something he could do to help Rin.

This reminded him of something Tamaki was bugging him about last night.

"Miss Isami-" Rin's head snapped back with wide eyes until she realized that it was just Kyoya. He hadn't meant to scare her like that.

"I'll have to be more careful," Kyoya thought to himself before continuing.

"I was wondering if you would like to come to one of my family's resorts tomorrow with the host club."

Tamaki wouldn't stop bothering him about asking her this. Kyoya really would have preferred to let Rin have a few days without much action, for obvious reasons.

Rin hesitated for a moment before answering. "Is everyone else alright with it?"

"Of course. In fact, it was their idea in the first place." the Ootori responded. "We'll pick you up tomorrow morning if you agree."

"Okay," Rin said as the class bell rang.

The next day, the host club appeared in Rin's front lawn at exactly 10 am. Luckily, Rin was ready by then, even though she would have preferred to sleep the whole day away.

"Hello, Rin." Tamaki greeted as Rin stepped into the limo.

"Hi guys." Rin replied and flashed a nervous smile at Kyoya, who was writing in his black notebook.

The resort they were heading to was owned by Ootori Medical. It was made as a convalescence technique for patients, but the host club had been given permission to go there as a vacation. In a way, it was recuperation, but only for Kyoya and Rin. Maybe a few days off would help with the trauma.

The car came to an abrupt stop as the host club arrived at the resort. As the group began walking down the pathway towards the hotel in the center of the resort, Kyoya noticed Rin examining the scenery. Even Kyoya had to admit that the place was very alluring. 

To the right of the club was the main pool, which had a few waterslides attached to it. There were a few shelters scattered around as well. To the left was a huge forest that continued outside of the resort. This forest was currently unexplored, so it was advised that the host club stays away from it. 

When Kyoya looked back at his friends who were walking in front of him, he noticed Rin start to stumble. He reached out to grab her arm before she toppled over.

"All you alright, Miss Isami?" Kyoya asked.

"Yes, thank you." Rin replied, straightening herself up.

It was a relief when they finally reached the hotel and were able to have a precious few minutes of rest. Kyoya made his way up the stairs to his room, where he proceeded to begin unpacking. 

After a few minutes, Kyoya came back down to find Tamaki screaming at the twins in the main lobby.

"I NEVER GAVE YOU PERMISSION TO ENTER MY DEAR HARUHI'S ROOM!" the blonde screamed.

"I don't see the problem, boss. Besides," Kaoru started.

"Haruhi invited us in." Hikaru finished his brother's sentence with a mischievous grin.