Chapter 3: Where Are They Now, Part 2

~•~

Chapter 3: Where Are They Now, Part 2

"Hey, baby."

"You lookin' a little lonely over there, Cyn. I'll keep you company."

"Ay, Mcpearson!"

The blonde rolled her eyes and continued her walk to her private locker room. There she locked the door and tossed her gym bag onto the bench before undressing. Cynthia Mcpearson had the body of a black girls, she was like Jasmine with a slightly bigger behind and more muscle due to her gyming. Her hair shined like a gold stream all the way to her waste, most of the time it was in ponytails, but for every game, they were tied in her signature braids.

Cindy was the first women to join basketball team, Lakers, full of all those strong, six foot men. She took them to the next level. It was hard to get there, especially with the sexist comments always thrown her way, but she made it.

There's a pounding on her door and she glares at it with her blue eyes. "Fuck off! I'm changin'!" She had already pulled on her shorts and was still in her sports bra.

"C'mon, Murph. You ain't got nuthin' I ain't seen befo," the voice cooed back.

Cindy giggled to herself. She opened the door for a playful peek at the tall player leaning on the wall. He had eyes like his brother's, without the mystery. His cornrows were recently done, ending all the way to his neck. He was already dressed in his sports attire, his muscles bulged out. He wasn't only a basketball player in one of the biggest leagues, Riley was an artist. He had recently released a gallery in Paris that earned him more money then he ever did and was currently working on a new, better collection.

"Ay, stop playin' around and lemme in."

Cindy opens the door fully and Riley walks into the changing room, kicking the door shut with his foot. He lets out a low whistle as his eyes survey her body, half not believing that she belonged to him. It had taken forever for them to confess their feelings for each other.

Riley snaked his strong arms around her waist and pressed her onto him. She didn't mind, wrapping her arms around his neck. "How is it yo ass just get finer erry time I see you, hm?" Riley kissed her neck.

Cindy moaned a bit before pulling her head back, to his disappointment. "Not now, nigga. Dontchu remember what happened last time?"

Yep. There was a reason the coach didn't let them see each other in the locker rooms before a big game.

"Man whateva. It ain't like we regret it," Riley persuaded, leaning to kiss her again.

"Aight, Reezy, seriously, I've gotta dress." Riley let her go free and watched her pull on her top. His eyes were locked on the ring on her finger with the big diamond. He knew when be bought it that Cindy didn't like flashy jewelry, or jewelery at all really, but he wanted everyone aware that she was his.

The plan was to get married after their season when they knew they'd temporary be free from their commitments to the team. He had actually proposed to her on the courts, right after one of their games, and the crowd was wild. Cindy cried, and she never cried.

"Aight. Let's roll!"

~•~
~•~
~•~

Jasmine and Jackson watched the game from their beach house. She sat, leaned on his side with his arm around her. Every then, Jackson would hoot at something. Jasmine understood basketball, but she had no interest in it, she only watched Cindy and Riley to support them. She even watched Caesar's stand ups, and it was worth it. She hadn't seen her friends in weeks. Everyone had their own plans. Even Ming and Hiro.

Ming, just like Cindy and Riley was a sportsman too. She was a kickball star, one of the toughest thanks to her reputation. Ming travelled even more than Jasmine did, she had games around the world, especially in China, she spent most of her time ther to see her family. Ming was a little on the skinny side, but their was no doubt she wasn't a gorgeous player with her skiny dark streaming hair and chestnut eyes.

Hiro was always booked. He always had gigs in big time nightclubs and played at celebrity parties, sometimes he even composed the songs for rappers and various other artists. Hiro rapped too, and he could play any instrument. So far he was at the top in the music industry and rarely kept in touch with the others.

They were all big. But someone was missing, and he'd be a part missing in everyone's hearts, well, maybe a bit for Ming, but the point was that they still missed Huey. He was just...gone. In police reports, he's still classified as missing, but people suspected he was dead.

Jasmine frowned when she realised she was thinking of him again and sniffed.

Jackson looked across at her and held up his empty beer bottle, "Mind getting me another one, babe?"

"Just do it yourself. You can pause."

"I can't miss out on the act--YES!" He stood instantly and whooped when Riley's team scored. Jasmine rolled her eyes and stood up from the couch. "Heeyy, c'mon babe. I do something wrong?" He gently took her wrist and pulled him back to her.

"No, just...I'm just going to go out for a while, okay? Maybe get some exercise at the gym. I've been slacking off."

He smiled slyly and snaked his arms around her like vines. "Wouldn't you rather get some exercise here?" He leaned in to kiss her neck.

"I'm not in the mood," Jasmine pushed him away gently by the chest. She broke from his hold. "I-I gotta go."

Jackson frowned. "Jas, you know you haven't been the same ever since--"

"Its not that, Jackson. Believe me, I want to have a child, but...I'm not ready for that. I promise you that's not the reason."

"You sure?"

"I'm sure." Her fingers were crossed behind her back.

~•~

"Ugggh. What am I going to do...?" Jasmine had her head leaned on the cushion of her seat. She was sat at the back of the limo in her driveway. The chauffeur waited patiently for her to request a destination. She did that all the time. Sometimes she'd cry in there too.

"Miss DuBios?"

I'll miss them calling me that. In a few months, maybe weeks, I'll be called Mrs White. "Just...take me anywhere."

He started the engine.

~•~

________________________________________
From: Shadow
To: Freeman
Subject: Job

Message: Jasmine DuBios. Model. Rio.

Terminate message
________________________________________

~•~