chapter1.1

o I was bored out of my skull and looking for something to do. That's when I found this trapdoor in a corner of the basement. It had some old crates and barrels and junk piles on top of it. I don't think anybody had opened it in years.
I could see the top of a ladder, but the rest of it was all darkness. I wentto find a flashlight.
Shining the light in, I couldn't see much. The ladder seem99ed to go down there, but my curiosity got the better of me. I started to climb. I reached the bottom of the ladder. I put my hand on the clay wall. It was damp and slimy. I was just turning to explore the rest of the opening when my flashlight went out.
I sure didn't like the feeling of standing there in the pitch black. It feels like hands are reaching out towards you from all directions.
I shook the flashlights. It tightened down the cap that holds the batteries in. It finally lit again. Whew! Nothing much to see. Cobwebs and more cobwebs. A shelf, sort of like a wide bookshelf, on one side. Empty. Nothing else. No money, no gold, not even a neat skeleton or an old horseshoe or something like that.
Then I noticed another door down in the side of one wall. Not a door really, just some old boards laid up against the dirt.
I got down on my hands and knees and started pulling them away. Sure enough ,there was opening behind there.
This must be where they stashed their treasure, I thought. No question about it.
I had only taken off a couple of the boards when I heard it:whispers!
It was quite as a grave down there, so you couldn't mistake it when you heard a sound. I wasn't able to tell what the words were. It sounded like two people trying to talk to each other without being heard.
Now, it looked like that trapdoor hadn't been opened in years. So why would two people be behind some boards at the bottom of the hole?
Believe me, I wasn't going to sit around and try to figure it out-no way. I was going to get out of there,close the door,pile something heavy on it,get out of the basement, and then worry about it.
I started up the ladder. I hadn't climbed more than two or three rungs when the trapdoor came slamming down. I was stuck!

I need 10 reads
And i will upload the chapter 2
Hoping for the best😘😘