Chapter 1

Most people think that another world with life is impossible, or that a parallel universe is unlikely. Or that someone traveling there is impossible or almost suicide. However I ended up in a world very unlike our own by accident.

My Name is Daniel Cartwright, I'm 18 years old, and I'm unemployed, but I make a bit ging into a busy area with my guitar, playing and singing for all to enjoy. It was a sunny afternoon in the city,as I went to repair shop to see if they can fix my laptop, which had 'Confidential information'. Sadly, I'm not the most welcome. "Get out of here kid! Come back when you've got money! " the owner yelled as I ran out. "God, what an asshole" I muttered, kicking a rock in anger and sighing. "Whatever, I'm gonna try and ask my uncle for money, assuming he's not drunk as always..."

As I arrived to my uncles house and opened the door, a bottle flew towards me, hitting me square in the face. Broken shards left deep gashes across my skin, blood oozing out in areas. "Ye lil shiit ye biiin!" I ignored his drunken slurs as I waltzed over to my room. He had abused me in drunken rage for most of my life, I'm surprised I've been putting up with him for this long. I stepped into the bathroom connected to my room and looked over the damage in the mirror. More than I thought, but I can deal with it. Using the skilled I picked up from my mother before her passing, I pulled out any glass left in the cuts, then bandaged each one up.

Slowly, I went back downstairs to see the old man was asleep on the couch. At least he couldn't yell right now. Entering the kitchen, I grabbed a few freezer bags and some tupperware, and filled each with as much food as I could before sneaking it all back upstairs. Tonight, I'd finally make my grand escape. I had all the food I could take that wouldn't spoil, and had packed my essential items, such as tooth brush, paste, and a towel. As I began to pack my clothes, I heard the thumping of boots. 'Oh great, he's awake.' I thought, bracing myself to be yelled at. Yet, before there was banging at my door, something fell over, and I heard the slicing of skin.

Confused as to why everything went silent, I cracked open the door, only to find my uncle face down, a blade of that shitty ceiling fan lodged in his back, a pool of blood surrounding him. Snickering, I quickly finished packing everything I needed, taking the wallet from the now lifeless body of my uncle and removing all the money I needed and grabbing my bags. I left after having my fill of food, which wasn't much. A tuna sandwich with some chips and a glass of water.

"I'll fix my laptop when I get the chance," I spoke, taking the last bite of my food and downing my water, "I think I know what's wrong, though having a trained professional work on it would be better." And with that, I picked up everything I needed, and walked out the door. Now, as to where to go...

"The park sounds like a good place to stay for now."