Chapter 3

"Princess?"

Marinette turned around in shock at the sound of a voice. "Chat?" She whispered. She looked around everywhere but didn't see anyone.

"Marinette?" Tikki squeaked. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. Probably just my imagination." The bluenette sighed. She turned back to her desk and set up Tikki's bed. While in New York she bought a box that looked like a fashion book and fashioned it into a little place for Tikki to sleep and hide in so she wouldn't be seen. She added a small blanket to the bottom for a carpet, a corner for her cookies, and more blankets and a big seashell with a doll-sized pillow for a bed. Tikki loved it and added her own things to make it her own little home. She even added a small drawing of Chat Noirs kwami for comfort.

As Tikki settled into her room her holder tacked a couple pieces of fabric to her wall in place of paint swatches. Marinette then walked out onto the balcony again and just felt the cool evening breeze on her face. It was soft and it was as if a kiss was being placed on her cheek. "Is he even out there? Does he remember me? Does he even transform anymore? Probably not, I haven't seen news about an akuma since high school and Alya's blog is pretty dormant." She muttered to herself.

Shaking her head she turned around to sit and sketch some new designs when she slipped on a puddle and fell backwards. Before she could catch herself she was already over the edge and she closed her eyes in fear.

But, just as her foot was about to come off the balcony someone caught her. Marinette opened her eyes and saw a clawed black glove on her arm and another on her thigh, she dared to look down and saw only a silver staff. It all happened in a blur and suddenly they were back on the balcony, and the staff was in two pieces and attached to the hero's back in an X.

Finally Chat looked down at her, studying her a little bit, as if he was making sure it was her before speaking. "Marinette!! Are you alright?!" He asked.

Still in shock, Marinette found her voice and spoke the first thing that came to her mind. "Ch-Chat Noir?!"

"Are you okay?" He asked again, setting her down.

Standing up straight she looked at him. He looked so different, taller, longer hair, more muscular, and his goofy grin was replaced with a serious frown. He seemed like in these past thirteen years he had gone through nothing but tragedy and now he was a hardened man with no light left in him. The one thing that made Marinette internally sigh with relief was the way his emerald green still shined, and despite the serious stature he now had, she could still see a bit of glee in his eyes. She still wondered if there was anything left of her chaton.

Chat Noir looked down at Marinette, back once again in his arms and still clumsy as ever. She still had her shimmering bluebell eyes, cute button nose, and petite size, but other than that, she looked like a completely different person. Her midnight blue hair was definitely longer and was tied up in a high bun with a pink ribbon and her bangs were parted to the side. She wore a skin tight, rose colored, turtleneck sweater dress along with earrings and the necklace he had given her that caught his eye in the first place. Her whole spirit felt more professional and he hoped desperately that his princess was still in there.

A cool breeze passed them and snapped them both out of their trances and Marinette finally answered his question. "Yeah, I-I'm fine. Thank you."

"G-Good. And you're welcome." He replied.

An awkward silence crept up on the two, neither knew what to say next. Finally believing that she was really back, the cat let his tears fall. She was home. She was here.

"Chat..." Marinette said, walking closer to the cat, "What's wrong?"

"I... I just can't help it. It's been so long. I thought I'd never see you again." Chat sobbed, turning around and placing a hand on the balcony in shame.