Chapter One- Sarah Smiles

EDIT: I've finally added a picture of Sachi. Only what, 8 years after writing it (loool) Lmaoooo some comments here won't make sense now

In the chapter title, Sarah is Sasuke. Lol. Or I suppose could be Sakura... only Panic fans will get what the chiz I'm on about xD

---

"Sachiko!"

I quickly walked through to where the voice had come from.

"Yes, Yamanaka-san?" The blonde woman sighed.

"I wish you would stop calling me that... I've acted as your mother for years now, why can't you call me that?" she asked, and I bit my lip.

"S-sumimasen, Okaa-sama." I apologised, and she smiled prettily and ruffled my ash blonde hair. Well, the part that wasn't in a tight bun. I handed her the flower I'd grown, a blue petaled bloom, and she smiled, putting it in the vase with the others that were on the windowsill.

"Morning glory... do you know what it symbolises?"

"Affection?"

Mrs Yamanaka nodded and smiled.

"Yes. You're improving, Sachiko. And this is a lovely bloom. Is this one of the ones you grew?" I nodded shyly.

"Yes."

"Well, it seems you have the green fingers, Sachiko, you lucky girl!"

"Okaa-saaan!!" I smiled meekly as Ino, Mrs Yamanaka's only daughter, ran into the room, hugging her mother tightly.

"Hey, Ino." Mrs Yamanaka said, patting her head of short blonde hair. Ino smiled at me, then pulled me into the hug.

"I can't wait for you to join the Academy tomorrow, Sachiko-chan!" I smiled; I'm a year younger than Ino, and Hokage-sama was going to put me in the year with people my age, but thought it best to put me in Ino's class. I'm not sure why.

"Etou... Ino-chan?" the blonde girl gave me a quizzicial look, and I frowned a small bit. "What's it like in the Academy?"

Ino's eyes lit up in realisation, and she let go of Yamanaka-san and guided me through to the flower shop. She gently stroked the petals of a red and white Snapdragon, which symbolise graciousness and strength.

"Sachiko-chan... don't worry. You are strong, just like a snapdragon. And... I will protect you. I am your onee-chan, after all!" she grinned at me, and I grinned back and hugged her. It must have taken her by surprise, but she hugged me back, beaming. I'm a very huggy person, after all.

* * *

I looked on proudly as my latest masterpiece formed, slowly shaping into place. I had snuck out to come here; Koro-jiji's weapon house is the only place with a furnace nearby my home.

I came here a lot, as the furnace was necessary to my favourite pastime.

I blew gently into the little tube, making the extremely hot liquid expand as an air pocket formed, and then I used various other tools to shape the molten glass.

That was my hobby- glass blowing.

Ino's birthday was coming in two days, so this was for her. A Calla lily... and, as it cooled in the cooling chamber, I dare say it's my best one yet. Calla lilies represent magnificent beauty, so hopefully Ino will like it.

People back in my old village used to say I have a gift; my Father showed me how to blow glass, but even he couldn't do it like this. Only the Yamanaka's know about it, though... I fear my classmates will think I'm weird, if they find out.