The Westmen's

The rain outside poured hard and the thunder slightly shook the floor of the huge cabin home. The radio in the kitchen softly played a Frank Sinatra song.

Luna Violet was cooking dinner for her mate and son when a sudden bang hit the front door. She sets down the spatula in her hand, turns off the stove and quickly walks towards the living room and front door area. Alpha Dane immediately stands from the couch, and walks to towards the door. Four year old, baby Vince toddles behind his father in curiosity.

"Don't move," Dane growls at both his son and mate.

His hand unlocks the front door and opens it quickly, only to find there's no one there. Sweeping his eyes around the perimeter, he prepares to shut the door when he hears a small cry. The cry of a baby.

Dane stares wide eyed at the naked child wrapped in only a worn out blanket, as it lays directly on the porch, shielded from the rain. A note sticks to the child's chest.

"What is it, Dane?" Violet asks softly. She and her son remain in their position as she holds his little hand.

"Come, Violet." Dane motions her over. "Look at this."

She releases her little boys hand and quickly walks to the open door. The coolness of the rain and night hit her skin, giving her goosebumps. Her eyes fall upon the small baby on the porch and she instantly reaches for it. They baby's skin was cold and pale which worried her, so she covered the child as best she could and held it to her body.

Dane grabs the note from the child's chest and reads it.

Her name is Caroline.
She cannot hear.
Take care of her, please.

That was all it said.

Violet read the name and smiled down at the baby girl. "Caroline," she whispered. "I've always wanted a little girl."

"No," Dane growled and slammed the door shut. "Come morning, we are taking that child to an orphanage. She is not wanted here."

"But-"

"Violet," Dane warned.

Violet looks at the little girl and she has already fallen fast asleep. Violet then looks at her mate with pleading eyes. "Please, Dane. I will keep her in line and out of your way, just... please let me keep her."

Dane glares at Violet. She knew that glare. It was one that promised pain.

He shakes his head and sighs deeply. "Until she's old enough, you will be held responsible for her actions. Understand?"

"Yes, Dane," Violet nods her head eagerly.

She bent down to show the little baby girl to Vince, who seemed completely taken by the child.

Violet was excited to have a daughter. She loved her son deeply, but after him Violet was forced to have her tubes tied. Dane had a son... and that was all he needed.

*****

This is the beginning of Caroline and Vince's story. It will only consist of a few chapters, it's not a full story. I just want you guys to know some of their background.