A short walk in the hallway

ANNABETH

I walked back into the building with Percy and Thalia. I still can't believe that I almost believed Brooke. Yes, I know you're probably thinking "Geez Annabeth, what the Hades is wrong with you? This is PERCY we're talking about here." Well mysterious voice in my head, I have a right to being worried ok? There are so many pretty girls here, and I guess I get a bit of right to be paranoid and, I know he fell into Tarturus with me.. Ok, I overreacted A LOT. Let's just quit this conversation. I just can't help but worry that Percy is going to be taken away from me again.

As the three demigods, Percy and Thalia along with me, walked down the hall, I couldn't help but notice Ivy storming towards us. Her eyes looked murderous, but I was used to Thalia, Nico, and Percy's death glares, so I just kept walking. As Ivy approached us, I could almost feel her anger, radiating towards me in waves.

"I don't get it!" She cried out in frustration.

"Um.. Don't get what?" I asked cautiously.

Ivy gestured vaguely at me and Thalia. "This! I don't get THIS!" Thalia and I stared at her in confusion. Ivy sighed and tried to elaborate. "It's just- just- ugh I can't explain this! You," she said to Percy "show up at school and your'e all hot and mysterious and popular and PERFECT. Every girl and some of the guys wanted to date you, but you didn't date anyone." Then she turned to address Annabeth. "I get that you guys were dating and stuff, but I'm still mad at you. And now for you," she said to Thalia, "How do you just show up and become friends with them? What do you have that I don't?"

Ivy took a deep angry breath. Before she could start another rant, Thalia started to speak.

"Look, I know you don't know this, but we didn't just 'instantly' become friends with Percy. And, we're not lucky to have him hanging around us, HE'S lucky that we hang out with him. Percy's known Annabeth since he was about 12 and me since he was about 13. So I don't see where you're coming from. And whatever stupid schoolgirl crush or whatever this is about, I'm sorry but GET OVER IT. Have a nice day!" And with that, Thalia turned on her heel and walked away, leaving me and Percy to follow after her.

Our next class, world history, passed as uneventfully as I could hope. Percy spent the entire class playing with Riptide, Thalia doodled song lyrics (probably from Green Day) all over her binder, and I finished the majority of my homework.

As the bell rang for our next class, I was excited but also a bit nervous. You see, our next class was PE. I was excited, because it was always entertaining to watch Percy and Thalia compete over athletics. However, they would probably fight, and that would quickly blow our demigod cover. I also knew that my carefully constructed nerd facade was going to come tumbling down. All the mortals at this school thought of me as a nerd, who was pretty much friendless and had trouble paying attention during class. However, Percy and Thalia were going to be challenging me to some competitions today, so I would have to show off a bit. Oh well, I should just stop worrying about what mortals think of me....

I was jolted out of my thoughts by someone yelling "Taco santa!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So some of you hardcore fans know who taco santa is. First one to guess correctly gets the dedication. Today's dedication goes to @dafa2000, even though she's not allowed to read this, because she sorta helped with my new username and because I went to her house at about 9o'clock and made her edit a thesis paper thing. She is an amazing munchkin, and you should all check her profile out and fan/follow her if you want. Have a nice day/night!

-Sadie