Chapter 16

AN: Sorry about the delay in updates so this marathon update is my way of making it up to you.

Chapter 16

-Paris-

With a groan, the son of Poseidon rubbed the sleep out of his eyes before falling out of his hammock with a startled yelp when the ship gave a frightening lurch. Getting to his feet he ran out onto the deck to see Annabeth, Percy, that Damian guy, and those girls, Medusa, Clarisse and Zoe, arguing while ahead of the ship the horizon seemed to switch back and forth constantly between a pair of giant cliffs with a narrow channel between the and another view which held an island dotted with jagged cliffs paralleled by a mass of boiling sea.

"What's going on?" he asked Annabeth as he walked over.

"This...this...idiot!" she screeched pointing at Percy, much to his pleasure "Wants to go through the clashing rocks as the gate when, clearly, the better choice is to go through Scylla and Charybdis.".

"Not it's not you fool." Zoe spat at Annabeth angrily "You're pride and arrogance is going to get us all killed.".

"Could someone..." he began confused before an irate Percy cut him off.

"The clashing rocks are the better idea because I can use my powers to keep them apart. Owl Shit over there thinks that having three children of water gods will deter Scylla and Charybdis but it won't! Those two were cursed into becoming monsters, they weren't born that way. And monsters don't give a damn about godly parentage so my decision...is...FINAL!".

"I'm the leader of this quest and I say we go with Annabeth's idea!" he yelled, trying to sound commanding.

"I don't have time to deal with you two idiots!" Percy growled before reaching out and pinching a nerve on Annabeth's neck causing her to convulse before dropping. Percy then quickly turned to him and did the same as his world went black.

-Percy-

Pulling his fingers off Paris' neck he winced and immediately began wiping them on his clothes as if he'd put them in something disgusting...which in a sense he had. "What the hell was that?" a shocked Clarisse asked, staring at the two unconscious idiots.

"I used a low amount of lightning power on a pressure point," he said with a shrug as he turned to the horizon which had finally settled on the clashing rocks "and now that she's unconscious the gateway doesn't have any conflicting decisions to deal with.".

"She really is an idiot," Damian laughed while leaning against a railing "she's seen how powerful you are and should trust your judgment.".

"Well nobody ever accused a child of the goddess of stupidity of being smart." he said making the others chuckle and the skies crash with lightning from said 'goddess of stupidity'. Within moments their sloop was between the looming stone cliffs, their shadows engulfing them in a cold grasp as the walls prepared to claim what they assumed would be another victim. When they were halfway through the looming chasm the massive cliffs began to shake and move forward to try and crush them. Before the cliffs could make any headway he thrust out his hands and exuded his power over the earth onto them, halting them in their tracks. Taking a deep breath he blew and manipulated the air leaving his lungs into a furious gale that filled the sails and shot their ship forward like a rocket. When they were finally past the cliffs he let his powers drop as the two stone walls came together with a thunderous crash.

"Well that was easy." Clarisse chuckled from her place, leaning against the mast "Where to next?".

"Circe's Isle," he said to them "I know that Blackbeard is trapped on the island and I think his is the 'pirate's plea' that was mentioned in the prophecy.".