Prologue

“So obstinacy it is! Obstinacy is what brought you here,” Lily’s voice rose an octave with every word she said until she was full on bellowing at her sister. It sounded as though she finally had the answer to all her questions, “I have asked you to stop drinking that tea!” she finished, sounding outraged. She'd raised a hand out of the blue to point at nothingness as though the gesture would accentuate her outburst furthermore.

    "But I tried!" Lila argued.

    "Sure you did! And that's exactly why you're here now, hmm?" The elder sister hissed, "Could you have not been the least bit careful? You should be dead by my now!" she said. Gaze flicking to either her sides quickly in fear. But not for herself.

    "I'm so sorry," Lila said helplessly, her worry and fear never subsiding, “But I did try to run!" she cried out the words as thought they'd work in her defence.

    "Running will do you no good here, Lila!” Lily reprimanded, “You don’t know this place. You can never imagine how dangerous it is here. Those creatures are merciless,” Lily continued to explain.

    "I wanted to see you," Lila’s words were barely above a whisper. She suddenly felt too small, too week under the gaze of her twin, "I didn't purposely ignore your warnings."

      It was really not her fault that she could now visit her dead sister. It was that eerie herbs shop at the end of the road across from her apartment. It was her neighbours annoying pledges to join her shopping. It was so NOT her fault and she wanted out of it.