006

- Bottled Love
Author: Me (2013)
Summary: Harry's been out drinking a bit too much lately and Ariana makes the biggest decision in her lifetime.
-:-:-:-

This was not how Ariana planned her life to be. She is supposed to come home to a house filled with color and life, not an apartment so dull like death as if the walls were so bare with no stories left untold.

Bottles scattered across every inch of the wooden flooring, occupying every visible space like an infestation of some sort. To Ariana it was endless; clear glass glistening under the harsh rays of sunlight beaming through the windows.

The glass is broken, she can see it from the corner of her eye. Despite the danger of trying to pick up the pieces, she continued to pick every last shard, ignoring the pain they inflicted when she would move her palm just a quarter of an inch.

What an ironic metaphor she thought to herself, referring to the relationship she had with the owner of the lips that drank every last drop of the intoxicating liquid that was once in these bottles.

It only takes ten minutes for her to pick up the shards before throwing them out. By then her hand needs bandaging, and so she tried her best. But she knew in her mind it would leave nasty scars.

Time flew by quickly and soon it was quarter past eight. Ariana knew it wouldn't be long until he would arrive.

And so she raced upstairs, and pulled out her best clothes and pushed them into the large suitcase that was resting on their made bed.

And just on time he came stumbling in, words falling from his lips like the hard liquor he'd consumed as he shut the door loudly while messily removing his shoes.

Upon realizing her presence, Harry's eyes widened; bigger than the first time she told him yes, yes to everything; her life with him, his promise to marry her one day.

Ariana kept still as she allowed Harry to comprehend the situation that they were in. Coat on, bag in tow; Ariana knew the moment Harry's eyes turned dark that he had figured out her antics.

Expecting another screaming match she readied herself, but only received silence as Harry limped towards her.

He took her bandaged hand in his and used it to pull her body closer to him. Nothing was said at that moment; nothing was needed to be heard.

The way Harry's arm wrapped around her and held her closer to him made Ariana feel reluctant about her decision. Finally after a few minutes, Harry sighed and moved away from Ariana.

"If you want to leave, then leave. I can't stop you now. But you just need to trust me. I love you Ariana." his eyes were pleading with her not to go. But Ariana was persistent. "But you love alcohol more." she remarked as Harry sighed once again.

"I didn't choose to be this way Ari, you know that. If I could stop I would, but I just can't. And I'm sorry that because of it I'm not half the man you fell in love with. I'm sorry that I can't always be there for you, and I'm sorry for always coming home so late." he tensed as Ariana looked at him wishfully.

"If only you had told me that before." she said as Harry glanced at his hands. "I'm telling you now. I'm admitting it to you. All those fights; you telling me I needed to stop and that I should get help but me refusing. I admit it, you were right." he sighed.

"Why the sudden change of heart?" she asked him as he shrugged. "I uh I was talking to one of the bar tenders there and he told me a story about some guy who ended up beating hi wife to death because he became an alcoholic." Harry trailed off as Ariana held back a small chuckle at the sight of how adorable Harry was being despite her disappointment towards him.

"He said it's not inevitable but it is a possibility and I just, I get so angry around you sometimes- I don't want to become a monster." Harry whispered the last part as he slipped downwards and sat quietly against their wall.

"I don't want to be an alcoholic." he muttered to himself. "I don't want to hurt you." he looked her in the eye as he took her hand in his. "So if you want to leave, you can leave."

Ariana sighed as she looked longingly at the door. "But just so you know that if you do leave, I'm not going to be able to forgive myself for letting you."

She glanced back once more at Harry who had shut his eyes and let go of Ariaa' end, expecting her to leave.

But much to his surprise, she took his hand in his again and pulled him up.

"Come, I'll make you some tea so you can wash down the Panadol with something warm." she smiled reluctantly as she lead him into their kitchen.

Harry took notice of the broken glass in the trash and immediately looked towards Ariana's bandaged hand. He didn't say a thing, but felt like it was remotely his fault for the wounds on her hand and on her heart.

He could tell she was hurting, just from the way she stood with her back towards him. The way her shoulders shook, he could tell she was crying.

And Harry had no idea why she still stayed; why she never left before and why she didn't leave now.

As she handed him his tea and the Panadol, she took the seat opposite from him and sat down quietly. Harry looked towards her and spoke.

"Why the sudden change of heart?" He repeated her early question with curiosity as he popped the panadol into his mouth before sipping on his tea.

Ariana sighed and smiled dimly. "Because I still love you, you idiot." she nudged me lightly with her hand as she sighed and propped her chin in the palm of her hand. "And you made me realize that no matter how broken and messed up our love is, it's still amendable."

Harry smiled at her words as he continued to drink his tea, and despite the headache he was experiencing, the new euphoria of knowing she still loved him enough to want to stay made him the happiest man in the world.

And so as said before, a broken bottle like a metaphor for their love is fragile and easily broken, but once broken can be barely fixed and is even more fragile before but even more difficult to break as it rests on the shelf of two young teenagers in love.