Chapter 3.

Ember's POV.

   I'm sitting on my bed, tired, when my mom comes in.

  "Hey, Em. How was your day at Disney?" she asks, sitting at the edge of my bed.

  "Oh, it was great," I say. Not entirely true, but I don't want her to worry about me. "Can't wait for tomorrow."

   She smiles, but in a weird way. "I know you, Em. You don't like your job?"

  "Oh my gosh, mom. I'm the stupid ticket taker! What is great about that? I'm not even in the park!" I say, falling back on my pillow.

  "Ember, I'm sorry. If I would have known what job you had, I wouldn't have let you go," my mom says.

   My mind wanders to Grayson and I smile. "It's not that bad though. I met someone," I say, mysteriously.

   My mom wiggles her eyebrows and smirks. "Ooh, who?"

  "A guy named Grayson. He gave me his number and he's super nice," I say, sitting back up.

  "You got his number? You just met him," my mom says, laughing.

  "He offered first, not me," I say, smiling.

   My mom shakes her head, grinning. "I'm off to bed now, I have a hard day at work tomorrow. Good night, Ember," my mom says, leaving the room.

   I turn on my phone and see a text from Grayson. It's late, and I should be getting to bed, but I check it anyway.

   Hey, Ember. Just wanted to say goodnight before bed. :)

   I smile. Goodnight then. See you tomorrow!  I say, and turn my phone off.

   My clock says 11:30 and I sigh. I only have a few hours before I have to get up. I roll over, pull the covers up to my chin and close my eyes. I then, fall into a dream filled sleep.

   I wake up later in the night, shivering. I keep my eyes closes as I reach for the sheets. I can't find them, but feel cold, hard ground beneath me. I open my eyes and look around.

  "Where am I?" I call out, afraid of someones answer. If anyone is here, of course.

   I get up and blink my eyes, trying to get them to adjust to the darkness. They finally do, and I look around. I'm in a parking lot. How did I get here? Where is here? I push my hair out of my face. I turn around in the parking lot and gasp.

   I'm in Disneyland.

   I cover my mouth to keep the scream in. I turn around and see the gates close behind me with a loud bang. I pull out my phone from my pocket and turn on the flashlight. Disneyland is scary with no one there and it being dark. Wait. I'm obviously dreaming. I smile to myself and walk around a bit. This could be cool. I walk a little ways in and smile again. There are candy apples sitting on a table and I pick one up.

  "Dreams are nice," I say, and bit into the apple.

   That's my first mistake. It tastes horrible, but I can't spit it out. The taste of it is in my mouth and I double over and vomit all over the ground. I wipe my mouth and toss the apple behind my shoulder.

  "Can you throw up in dreams?" I ask myself. "Apparently. That felt really real."

   I continue on, telling myself not to eat anything else.

  "Hey. Psst! Psst!"

   I whirl around and gasp. I see two girls and a guys behind me. I smile and hold out my hand.

  "Hey people of my dreams! How are you?" I say.

   The tallest girl holds a finger to her lips. "Shh. Stop talking! They might here you!"

   I frown. "Is this a nightmare?" I ask.

  "This isn't a dream!" the boy says. "You need to come with us before They find us!"

   I smile and laugh. "Ok, you guys are hilarious. Just like, slap me or something so I can wake up."

   The shorter girl frowns. "This isn't a dream. You're stuck here!"

   I get a bad feeling in my stomach. I walk over to them and the tall girl grabs my hand. She has tangled blonde hair and green eyes. Her mouth is set in a grim line. She then pulls me after them. She takes me to the bathrooms and we go in.

  "Ok, girls only," I say to the boy.

  "We have bigger problems than this," the boy says, and walks in.

  "You want to tell me whats going on?" I ask.

   The tall girl plops down on the floor and grins. "Welcome to your new life."

  "What new life? And who the heck are you?" I ask, folding my arms.

  "I'm Vanessa, she's Eva, and he's Devan," Vanessa says.

   She pushes her tangled hair out of her eyes and closes them. "Make friends cause we are your only hope."

  "Only hope from what?" I ask.

  "Shh," Devan says, looking down at a weird electronic in his hands.

  "What is that?" I ask.

  "It alerts us when another person gets trapped here," Eva says, smoothing back her black ponytail.

  "And apparently someone else has arrived," Devan says. "There is 5 minutes until They come out. We can make it." 

  "Ok, can someone please tell me who They is?" I ask.

  "Later," Vanessa says. "We need to go."

   They pull out knives from there jackets and I gasp.

  "Ok, ok chill! We're not killing anyone!" I say.

  "They aren't for the new kid," Devan says, rolling his eyes. "They are for Them."

  "I'm staying here," I say.

  "Ok. Have fun dying," Eva says.

   My eyes widen and I jump to my feet. "Fine, fine. I'm coming."

   I jog behind them. They lead me to the Gates and I see the figure of someone getting up from the ground.

  "Who are you?" Vanessa asks. "We aren't going to hurt you. We're here to help you!"

   The figure comes into the moonlight and I gasp.

   It's Grayson.

Hope you liked this chapter!

Remember my Follow Spree! I will follow and vote on all your things if you get this book up to at least 100 reads really soon!

Thanks! Have a lovely day!