'Abscence and Worry'- Ink! Papyrus X Reader

au in which everything written on your skin appears on you soulmate. only words deemed irrelevant and images go through.

-

     You had always been a forgetful person. It was in your nature. Day after day, your skin was covered in ink with names and dates you needed to remember. Apparently, your soulmate didn't mind, so, you never got out of the habit. Until your mom started bugging you about it.

     "But mom, they never seem to mind." You whined, your mother lecturing you about writing on yourself. She had caught you with a Sharpie in hand, poised above your skin, and had took the Sharpie- along with all your other pens.

     "Tell you what, if you manage to not write on your skin for a whole day I'll give you money." She knew you were broke. This was an offer you couldn't refuse. Still, your mother was a sneaky women. You had to be sure of the terms of the deal before sealing it.

     "How much?" You ask.

     "How about... twenty dollars."

     "Deal."

-

     He was beginning to grow nervous. He knew how forgetful you were, and not a single mark had appeared on his wrist or arm since this morning- only a single slash, which looked like an accident.

     Finally, he'd had enough. Picking up a Sharpie, he wrote, 'are you ok?' in his sloppy handwriting. And then he waited

-

     A tingling sensation. And then,

     'are you ok?'

     You recognized the sloppy handwriting of your soulmate. With a long, drawn out sigh, you grabbed the nearest pen. You pressed it to the skin, before stopping and lifting it off, leaving a single, black dot.

     Ffffuuuccck. Soulmate, or money? You ask yourself, thinking.

     Money. Definitely money.

-

     No reply. Only a single, thick black dot. What was that supposed to mean. A gang sign? You were ok? You were kidnapped? Speak, for Asgore's sake! Lets try again.

     'hello?'

     Lets see if this works.

-

     More tingling. And then,

     'hello?'

     You were done with it. Picking up your phone, you text your mother.

     You: mom, my soulmate is asking me if I'm ok. Can I please write back?

     Mom: No.

     You: but why?

     Mom: You want the money or no?

     You: fine.

     With a sigh, you put down your phone. Stupid mother.

-

     Still, no response. He'd had enough by now.

     'alright, I'm coming to find you'

     He'd had enough. Putting down his paintbrush and leaving a note for his brother, he left to find you.

-

     You: please?

     Mom: No.

     You: but please?

     Mom: No.

     You rolled your eyes. Typical mom.

     Your skin tingles again. Looking down, you read what your soulmate wrote.

    'alright, I'm coming to find you'

     Fuck.

    You scrambled to find a pen, uncapping it with your teeth and quickly placing it to your skin, starting to write.

     It was dead.

     With a groan, you looked around, upsetting your stacks of unfinished art. This, this bullshit, living on instant noodles, is what you did for a living. You were an artist. And yet you couldn't find a single fucking pen.

     Finally you found one. Setting it to your skin, you realized which pen you found.

     "Like hell I'm using my Multi liner on this bullshit." You thought out loud, putting a cap on the expensive pen and throwing it to the side. You continue searching, until,

     A hollow knock sounds on the door, and you, breathing heavily from you frenzy, drag your woolen-sock covered feet to the door, throwing it open.

     Before you, stands a tall, paint covered skeleton.

-

     He had found you. Finally.