Snow

"I miss summer." Riley pouted as she stared out of the living room window in her apartment at the night sky. The snow had finally stopped and in its wake, left at least a foot of snow on the ground. Tommy and Noah were watching Sportscenter on the couch, while Anna checked her Facebook. They had been snowed in for the majority of the day and were feeling a bout of cabin fever.

"Oh please tell me it stopped snowing!" Anna whipped her head toward Riley with large eyes.

"Yep. The plows are out." Riley watched as a large truck scraped the road somewhat clear.

"Yes!" Anna jumped up and slammed her laptop closed. "Let's celebrate!" Noah laughed and averted his gaze toward his fiancee.

"Celebrate what love?" He smiled at her, loving every bit of her constant excitement.

"Celebrate the fact that we can get out of this damn apartment. The fact that its probably the last snow storm of winter. Celebrate anything and everything!" She hopped on his lap and wrapped her arms around his neck.

Riley shook her head and chuckled at her best friend. "And do what?"

"Go out! Get crazy!" Anna swung her legs off of Noah and leaped at Riley who held her hands up to brace herself. Tommy laughed at the two of them and leaned back on the couch with his arms folded behind his head.

"It's Monday, Anna." Riley said flatly.

"Um, and that matters because?" Anna scoffed. "We're adults. We don't have to answer to anyone. Live a little!" She raised her arms and spun in a circle.

"Yeah Ri. Live a little!" Tommy chimed in with a big smile.

"Oh really?" Riley laughed and jumped onto Tommy's lap, and just as Anna had done to Noah, wrapped her arms around his neck. "You have to get up at four in the morning Thomas." She said sternly, lifting an eyebrow.

"What? Didn't you hear? All MMA training has been cancelled for tomorrow. Snow day baby." He pushed his lips out and nodded his head.

"Yeah, nice try." She nuzzled her face into his neck. She was tired but hadn't had a fun night out in a while.

Hmm...

"Oh, stop being a party pooper, Ri." Anna pouted and slumped on the couch next to Noah.

Noah grabbed the remote and started going through the channels. "So, should I find a movie?" No one said anything, so he just kept surfing the channels and started reading movie titles out loud. "Die Hard. 13 Going on 30. Ace Ventura. This Means War."

"Oh Anna!" Riley's yell caused everyone to look at her as she straightened up on Tommy's lap. "I forgot to tell you! I can't believe I forgot! Its so unlike me. I mean, usually I have a really good memory. I just don't even know what I was thinking not telling-"

"Seriously, spit it out. What?!" Anna, Noah and Tommy both started at her with dumbfounded expressions.

"Just that we're going to be closed tomorrow due to snow. I can't believe I forgot." Riley laughed as Anna smacked her with a throw pillow. "Ow!"

"You creep! You really had me going there!" Anna crossed her arms.

"I'm not a party pooper." Riley said with her bottom lip sticking out.

"Good. Now let's go!" Anna beamed.

The boys and Anna stared at the mountain of snow behind the truck while Riley laughed.

"Everyone, get in." Riley headed for the driver's side, crunching the snow underneath her knee high boots. After everyone hopped in, she cranked the heat and rolled the driver side window down and stuck her head out to help guide her.