...

Bittersweet ending
Note:

"Hello" - Japanese
"Hello" - English

___________________________

Cheers from the crowd rose as Raimon received the Holy Road cup. I simply stood on the sidelines in jealousy of their happiness.

Everyone else on my team looked in either anger or calmness towards our opponents receiving victory. While that, I looked at my father, who sighed and smiled.

No. Not the way he usually does. It was more fatherly. As he used to do when mother was around.

How can he be smiling when we just lost? Fifth sector is gone.

"Yamato..."

I snapped out of my daze to see the captain of our opponent. The captain spoke up in enthusiasm.

"Yamato, let's play again shall we?" He smiled with a faint red tint on his face.

A pang of sweetness hit my heart. I couldn't help but nod. How can he be this friendly when we were opponents? On top of that, I hurt his friends badly.

He grinned more. "Next time I'll beat Kingburn with Pegasus arc!" He exclaimed and a glint twinkle was on his eyes.

"Heh. Try while you can." I said with confidence. "I won't lose to you again." I smirked at my statement and crossed my arms.

He nodded and turned to towards his team.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to see Gomaki looking a with a soft smile.

"Good to see you not retting (letting) that ross (loss) getting over to your head." He stated with broken English

"That's not grammatically correct." I teased him and smiled a bit.

"Shut up, I'm still rearning Engrish." He exclaimed in annoyance. I sighed and laughed a bit of his stupidity.

Maybe their soccer is better than ours.