Secrets [Chapter 1]

"Jason, we should go back now! Dad might catch us."

"Calm down, little sister. He's at work. Now will you help me find my toy?"

"It's impossible how could we find---"

"Jason? Jamie? Where are you guys?" a voice said from below.

"See, I told you!" Jamie whispered angrily to Jason.

"Stop it for now and let's hide here.." Jason pointed to a huge treasure chest.

When the two children opened it, there were lots of stuff in it, so they decided to hide behind the chest.

"I know you two are in here." their dad said and opened the door of the attic. Slowly, he walked through the spider webs and dust until he reached the treasure chest where he saw his two children trembling with fear.

"What are you guys doing here in the attic? I thought I already told you you're not allowed here."

"We're sorry..." Jason and Jamie said with puppy dog eyes.

"Wait, daddy, what's this?" Jamie said, taking a heart-shaped locket lying on the floor.

"Oh, nothing. That must be your mom's.."

"Weird, it smells like cotton candy...but what's it doing here? And I saw some strange stuff in that chest...what are those dad?" Jason said.

"Long story kids, now come on mom's coming home soon."

"But daaaaaaad we can wait! Pweaaase." the kids chanted, with puppy dog eyes.

"Oh, alright. Come, you kids sit on my lap."

"Yey! Story time." Jamie said.

*flashback*

So, 2007 I was 13 that time. That's when I had my first love, and no if you're thinking that was your mother, no. I had a lot of girlfriends besides your mom. Well, you gotta admit I'm handsome right? But your mom's the most beautiful girl for me. So moving on...I asked my girlfriend on a date, and I spilled spaghetti on my shirt--that explains the white shirt with stains in the chest. I keep all my things in there, things with special memories. I even posted videos of me on Youtube, videos of me sing---

*end of flashback*

"Justin! You sh--showed the kids already?"

"Show what, mommy? Oh by the way dad was just telling us a story!" Jason said.

"Oh, Louise, no, but I was about to--and, I'm sorry kids story time's over." Justin, their father said.

"Awww, but mom!" both the kids said, tugging their mother's clothes.

"Okay, but don't tell anyone about this aight?"

"But why?"Both Justin and Louise looked at each other with an unsure look.

"Uhm, you see...your father was a..." Louise hesitated.