Chapter 5

"Uh, sorry." I said akwardly getting off Brian. I looked around. The two girls were unconcious and were sprawled across the floor. Whoops. Brian looked at me. I caught my breath. Again, the eyes. THE DANG EYES! Why couldn't I have just knocked him out too and be done with this? Cause I have a friggin heart that's why! He looked so familiar. I realized we were just staring at each other. "Don't be a snitch." I warned him. He slowly nodded. I looked back at the unconcious girls. "They'll be fine in less than 10 minutes." I said to him ignoring his look. Don't look above the nose. Don't look above the nose. "What I did was out of hand. I'm sorry." Brian whispered. Really? ACTING ALL GUILTY WILL MAKE ME FEEL BAD! "I'm perfect." I blurted out. "What?" Brian said giving me a strange look. "I'm- nevermind. I ment it's perfectly fine." I said forcing a smile. He laughed. Yes, you heard me right. LAUGHED. "I'll-uh-see you around." I said brushing my hair out of my face. I noticed that he was watching me. I blushed. I turned around. The girl from math class was standing there. "Saw what you did Stereo." She said roughly. "Don't be a snitch Spike. My fault anyway." Brian said. Spike raised her eyebrows. Spike is her name? What the crap? "Brian admitting to something? How many times did you punch him the face Flo?" Spike asked grabbing me by the arm. I pulled away. "Not enough so he's dumber than you." I said snarkily. I felled a wave of anger as she grabbed me again. This time I yanked away with force and punched. She intercepted. "A flaw in the chip? Rare. By the way, you may not want to fight with me. I'm much stronger than a Norm." She said glaring. A norm? I wondered. Brian cleared his throat. Spike and I turned to look at him. "I gotta go. See you 'round Floral. Spike." He said before turning toward the exit. He waved goodbye over his shoulder. He walked away.

The eyes.

The wave.

The voice. 

The way he walked.

The familiarity.

Pai.