* ~ 6 ~ *

PLAN

                                                                          (Written by Leslie Hay)

I  Elapse back to the soiree to get more details.

II  Consult Lodge's yearbooks from 1850 to 1980.

III  If you find something, elapse and try to get further information.

IV  When you find Gideon don't do anything without thinking first.

V  Get appropriate clothes for every time travel from Madame Rossini.

VI  Use Lucy and Paul's chronograf.

Your covername is Ms. Violet Purpleplum

Every part of the plan must be executed in secrecy without Lodge's awareness. If the Lodge happens to find out about the plan, there isn't a plan B.

"Wow, that's going to be a lot of work," I say when I see the plan for the first time after Leslie has written it to a piece of paper.

"Yes, but our goal is to find Gideon, right?" Leslie frowns and wrinkles appear on her forehead.

"Yeah...", I sigh.

*

I knock on Madame Rossini's door. It was hard to get this far without anyone seeing me. I hear footsteps from heals echoing from the stone floor. In four seconds Madame Rossini opens the door.

"Well hello my little swan! Come in, come in," she says while opening the door wide open for me.

Madame Rossini's room is little but it could hold a mountain. It's so tiny, but still filled up with so many things. A make-up table in front of me, rails full of colorful dresses and jackets on my right side, hats everywhere and fabric rolls leaning to a wall. A scent of rich vanilla fills my nose.

"So, what drives you here?", Madame Rossini asks while pinning a pin into a mannequin. The mannequin has a beautiful orange dress with flower embroidery on it.

"I need a dress," I say. "For a secret mission."

"Ooh, rebellious," Madame Rossini calls out with a French accent. "What kind of a 'secret mission' is that?"

"Gideon is lost in time and Falk thinks he's a lost cause, but I need to find him. So me and my friend Leslie made a plan," I explain.

"The rolling hay-girl is rolling again".

WHAT? When did Xemerius join us? I turn my head and there he  is, sitting on a silk hat. I look him questioningly. He just shrugs his shoulders and says:

"You haven't been on your sharpest lately. I've followed you in many places without you noticing".

"What's there?", Madame Rossini's voice makes me jump a centimeter.

"Sorry, what did you say?"

"What were you looking at?", Madame Rossini repeats, lifting her eyebrow.

"Um..." I turn around to find something interesting I could be looking at. Xemerius is still sitting on the hat.

"A nice hat", I say, pointing at it.

"That's why I chose to sit at it. Very comfortable, by the way," Xemerius interferes.

"Oh yes it is, made from the finest silk of Japan and shipped to London. I made it all by myself," Madame Rossini says, clearly being proud of her work. Maybe that's why it's so comfortable.

"It's a shame it's been in so little use. But the dress you're looking for, where would you use it and when..?"

"Do you remember the soiree where I was a couple of days ago? I'm actually going to the same place and time," I twist my fingers.

"Let me see..." Madame Rossini walks to the clothes rail. After she has judged dozens of dresses, she takes one and gives it to me. It's olive green with golden leaves. I instantly fell in love with it. She then gives me a pair of long gloves matching to the dress, and a wig which has leaves in it.

"With these you shouldn't be too noticeable." I love how she thought even that while choosing the outfit.

"Thank you so much," I thank her. "You're a life savior," I say as I walk to the door.

"No problem. Don't forget to come here again if you need some other clothes", Madame Rossini yells as I close the door.

I walk through the halls of the Lodge, relieved how far I've got. But after I turn around the corner, I walk into Mr. George.

"Oops..." I grin awkwardly.

"Gwendolyn, I thought you were supposed to come here around two o'clock," Mr. George says. "And for what do you need those clothes?"

"It's a secret mission," I whisper. I remember how Leslie deliberately warned me about spilling the plan to ANYONE working for the Lodge, but I trust Mr. George. "I'm going to find Gideon."

Mr. George smiles with his eyes. "Well, of you go then," he says. "Don't go past the alchemy laboratory, Falk is there."

I just smile like you smile to an accomplice.

***

I'm sorry, I couldn't think of anything else for Xemerius' appearance than what he said in the movie 'Saphirblau' :'D

Don't forget to elapse daily,

See you soon!