Chapter 4

I said yes. I can't believe I said yes. No this couldn't have happened... 

I just made a single worst mistake in my life. Gone are all my moral values - I just married a guy I didn't love. Not only that... I hated him!

It was a short ceremony. No family, no friends, no beautiful arrangements, no timid words of love and passion. Instead, we exchanged our "I do"s  and he leaned in and kissed my cheek. I blushed and turned away, pretending the feeling of his lips on my skin didn't make me feel anything.

Sitting in his car, staring out of the window of his limo, I simply couldn't force myself to stop thinking about what I have done. And I did it for money! What does it make me - a prostitute, a slut? Or maybe I'm just highly practical and saw a great business deal in our marriage...

"Regretting it already?" Adrian's amused voice shattered the silence in the car.

"It doesn't matter."

Gently, he turned me to face him.

"It won't be horrible, you know..." he winked at me.

"If you think... I won't... It wasn't part of our deal..." I stuttered while breaking our eye contact. If he thought he could have me just like that...

"What are you implying?" his ice-cold voice scared me.

"I... I... I thought..."

"Well, you thought wrong. I don't have a single intention of sleeping with you. Ever."

Ouch, that hurt.

"Well, I'm glad." I faced the window again.

Aren't the next 6 months going to be fun...

***

"I want to live in my own apartment," I shouted.

"Tough luck. You agreed to this arrangement." he was calm, per usual.

"Yes, I married you. It doesn't mean I have to stay with you."

I was still in his car, which was now parked outside Adrien's house.

"I told you, it has to seem like we are actually in love. Otherwise, the business will be taken away from me. And tell me this: what kind of a couple that just got married would live separately?"

That kind of made sense...

"Then why haven't we discussed us living in my apartment?"

He straight out laughed at me.

"You wouldn't catch me in that hole if it was the last place on this earth."

"You don't have to be so mean about it..."

"Oh, did I hurt your feelings? I'm so sorry." his voice was laced with sarcasm.

"Just shut up, jackass."

"Then get out of the car and I'll show you to your room."

"My room is back at my apartment. I made a sacrifice marrying you, now you should also make one..."

"I'm paying you, aren't I?" now he was livid.

I turned away from him, embarrassed yet determined. After every battle I have lost to him it was important to me to win this one.

"Okay." I saw an idea form behind his eyes. "How about this: we play for it?"

"P-play?" I was confused.

"Yes, poker. Whoever wins decides."

"Okay, fine." words were out of my mouth before I could stop them. Let the fate decide.

Bring it on, pretty boy.

***Hey guys... I know I said that I will upload the next chapter soon and I didn't. Honestly, I'm SO SORRY. It was a very busy time for me and then I forgot about this book. It wasn't until a few days back that I stumbled upon this story and realized what a swine I have been. No promises but I'm going to try to continue it.

Please support me with your votes and comments and tell me if I should keep on writing this story. ***