Chapter 5

Rosalie POV

Alright Rosalie, focus. It was seven in the morning and I was getting my apartment ready for Bella's visit. I needed to go to the grocery store before I picked her up. There was no food in here. I had spent all night watching the cooking channel so I had a wide variety of foods to make her and I could figure out what her favorite foods were. Once I figured that out I would make them for her as often as she would let me.

I sped, at vampire speed, through the apartment making sure everything was perfect. Candles were set up on the balcony, and ready to be lit, so we would have light in the evening. I had a cabinet in my kitchen where I kept containers of blood in case she got hurt and I needed to feed. I would never allow her to be put in a dangerous situation so I have hunt often. I didn't want to leave her alone so the container of blood would hold me over.

There was a long list of things I had to buy. I planned on making lunch and dinner for her, figuring Bella would eat breakfast before I showed up, something Edward never did. He never even cooked for her. I don't see why. I mean the food is repulsive but it's not like he had to eat it and cooking wasn't going to hurt her unless he threw a knife at her. I snorted. Since when did he care about hurting her?

I rushed the shopping, not wanting to be around the humans more than necessary. Bella was one of two humans I can stand to be around. The second being Charlie, though I haven't officially met him yet. The only reason I would be able to stand him would be because he is Bella's father and he is a very important person in her life. After everything was stored away I hunted and got into my car and drove to Forks.

I drove quicker than normal knowing when Bella got in the car she wouldn't like it and I would have to drive slow. Charlie's police car was gone when I pulled into the driveway at 8am. I wonder why he went fishing knowing his daughter wasn't doing well after we left. Did he go fishing right after we left when she was catatonic? She may be doing better now that she saw me but if I were him I would be afraid of her doing something stupid... or stupider. She did hang out with vampires after all. Nothing could be considered stupider than that.

I shut the engine off and climbed out of my car. I knocked on the front door three times and waited for Bella to answer it. It only a couple minutes for her to open the door, I could hear her in the kitchen. "Hi Rosalie," Bella said shyly, stepping aside to let me in. It was almost as if she was surprised I was here. She probably thought I was going to leave her at any moment. I wish there was a way to convince her I wasn't going anywhere without confessing she is my mate.

"Good morning Bella," I said smiling at my mate. "Did you sleep well?" I prayed she did. The night I watched her I could tell she only slept well when she knew I was there. The thought made me sick, Edward had spent every night with her watching her sleep. It was unhealthy for her and he is a... I cut off at the thought.

"I did," she said. Her eyes said otherwise. She had dark circles under her eyes like she didn't sleep all night and I could hear the coffee pot going.

"You are a terrible liar," I said. I couldn't resist touching the dark circles under her eyes. She blushed. "Are you ready to go?"

"In a minute," she said. I followed her to the kitchen where she poured a cup of coffee. She offered me her cup before blushing and realizing I don't drink coffee. "Sorry, I forgot."

"It's alright," I said smiling at her. It still amazed me how considerate she was, even to vampires. "Did you eat yet?"

Bella shook her head and I frowned. "I wasn't hungry," she said, biting her lip. I resisted the urge to growl, moan, or throw her on the counter and kiss her. I'm fairly certain Bella will be the death of me and what bothered me the most was I didn't care.