o n e

o n e

It had been seven months and counting from the moment in which he last saw her to the present time. It had been a normal day for them, there was nothing out of the ordinary and she hadn't displayed any out of character behavior. He remembered it perfectly, replaying the afternoon in his dreams like a movie. His girlfriend--Park Sarang, former leader of the popular Pledis Entertainment girl group Baby Lips--had asked him to meet up for dinner as they did on most days whenever both finished up their schedules early on in the day. 

They went to her favorite place because he always let her pick where they would eat--Junmyeon was always willing to please his Sarang. Within EXO, he was the leader and his members respected him. With Sarang, he didn't mind being lead. He would have followed her anywhere she would ask him to.

He dropped her off at her dorm around ten o'clock at night, and she gave him a kiss on the lips goodbye that lingered just a millisecond longer than it normally did. He thought nothing of it at the time. To his mind and heart, he would be seeing her in another few days at the most. 

But that didn't happen.

The very next afternoon there were rumors circling the internet. Sarang hadn't attended group practices with Baby Lips that morning. The group was by then down to ten members. Shin Bom had left the group to join Glow which was another Pledis Girls group that had debuted months earlier. Though the group found ample amounts of success, the dancer never seemed to be happy there and she missed what she had left behind. But her managers at Pledis didn't want to allow her return to the group, out of fear for the conflicts it might start with Park Mae--one of the main vocalists.

Lee Mina--more commonly known by her stage name and nickname Minnie--left the group five months after Bom did. The former main vocalist of Baby Lips had gotten engaged just six months earlier and had gotten married over the summer to her long time boyfriend and childhood sweetheart Isaac Brizuela, who was a professional football player in Mexico. Minnie didn't want an entire ocean to separate her from her husband, and she requested a termination of her contract with Pledis Entertainment. But not wanting to let her go, the company offered her instead a solo career which she would be able to tend to and promote from Mexico.

She accepted and ended up moving to Mexico two weeks after her wedding, which was also when negotiations for her solo career were finalized.

When Sarang didn't show up that day, people speculated that she was leaving the group. But Pledis instead issued a statement which claimed that she was on bed rest because she head eaten something which didn't agree with her.

Junmyeon instantly felt guilty and called her over the phone to ask if she was okay. There was no answer. He would have shrugged it off as her having bed rest, but he hadn't even gotten a text from her that entire day when the two of them were in constant contact whenever they had free time.

Days came and went and there was still no sign of Park Sarang.

When a week passed and there was still no sign of her, Junmyeon personally went to the Pledis dorm building in search for her. 

He knew the building well now, since he had visited Sarang on countless occasions after Pledis and SM Entertainment had shown their support for them and their relationship. He made his way down the hall to her room and knocked on the door. He was received by Mae, the girlfriend of his group mate Yixing, and she was surprised to see him.

"Junmyeon oppa," She started, "What are you doing here?"

Behind her, he could see half of the room empty, rid of all of Sarang's belongings as though she had never existed. Sun followed his gaze into the room and asked another question.