I'll protect you

His POV

The doorbell rang, disturbing my video game session.

"Who is it?" I asked. It wasn't like I was expecting anything or anyone.

"It's a burglar! I'm here to steal all the things you hold near and dear to your heart!"

It was the voice of my best friend.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, come on in madame burlar." She walked inside.

"What's up?" she asked, sitting next to me on the couch.

"Just destroying aliens and ish." She watched until I died, then picked up a controller.

"Looks like you need some help." we started a new game.

"Okay, soooo, you head to the right and I'll go left." I told her.

"Alright, meet me at the next objective point."

The game went on like that for hours. She eventually decided that she wanted food and went to the kitchen. I turned youtube on with the xbox.

She came back in with chips and dips.

"OOOOOHHHHHH! CAN WE WATCH-"

"Markiplier? Yeah I got you." I finished her statement and went to his channel. She was so excited. I laughed and gave her the controller. She mumbled things to herself as she passed certain videos then screamed.

"Oh! Oh yay! We watch this! And clicked on some playlist.

After the video loaded, I noted that there was no facecam. "Wow, no facecam?" I asked as a strange version of Markiplier's voice filled the room.

"Yeah, this is his first playlist on 'Markiplier Game.'"

"Amnesia The Dark Descent?" I realized as a weird, yet familiar looking monster showed up on screen.

"What gave it away, the Grunt or the intro when he says 'let's play of Amnesia The Dark Descent'?" She laughed.

"I wasn't paying attention" I shrugged. She laughed again. The sound, music to my ears.

I liked her a lot. I had liked her for years but i didn't want to mess anything up. She was my best friend. If she didn't like me, it would be awkward. If she did what if she broke up with me? Even more awkward. So I lived in the (self decided) friend zone.

After about an hour we switched to Jacksepticeye.

"TOP OF THE MORNING TO YA LADDIES!MY NAME IS JACKSEPTICEYE AND WELCOME TO.......HAPPY WHEELS!!!!!" we screamed along to his intro.

"We may have an addiction."

"Probably." I replied. There was suddenly a crash outside.

"What was that?" she asked. I looked out the window. Rain was pouring down harder than I had seen in years. She hated storms. She always had.

CRASH

More lightning. "Just a little storm." I lied.

Thunder continued to crash, lighting continued to flash, and rain pounded against the window.

BOOM

She flinched with every clap of thunder.

"Just focus on Youtube. You'll be fine. I promise." I told her.

"A-Actually, I-I should prob-probably go before the storm g-gets too b-bad." She said, getting up.

I grabbed her wrist "No, you're not driving in this. You can spend the night here." I told her. The thought of her driving in this worried me a lot.

"N-no. I d-don't want t-to be a burden. Plus, like y-you said," she took a deep breath, "It's just a little storm." She tried to free her wrist but just held on tighter.

"Just stay the night. It would make me feel better. I wouldn't have to worry as much."

Her POV

"I wouldn't have to worry as much."

His words were only friendly, but made my heart flutter anyway. I wished that he meant then that way but i was in the (self diagnosed) friend zone.

I knew he wasn't going to let me leave.

"Are you s-sure?"

"Yeah, of course!" He said as i sat back down. He put an arm around my shoulder and smiled, continuing the video.

The storm didn't seem to be stopping anytime soon. In fact, it was getting worse by the minute. The thunder only got louder, the rain came down harder, and the lightning flashed brighter.

At about one in the morning, we began to get tired. I asked for a pillow, assuming I'd be on the couch.

"Okay, so one, you're in jeans. You can use a pair of my shorts and a shirt. Two, you can sleep in my room, I'll take the couch."

"No, I'm fine. I like jeans almost as much as I like couches." I tried my hardest. I felt awful. This is his house, I shouldn't be staying here. You guys could just share a bed. You could wear his clothes. It would be like you guys were a- i banished the thought before it could go any further.

"Shut up! Let me be nice!" he picked me up and brought me to his room. Before he left, he threw a pair of shorts and a shirt at me.

I tried to protest. "Nope I don't wanna hear it." He said as he closed the door and left the room.

I sighed and changed, putting up my hair with a hair tie on my wrist, then laid down.

He came back in. I had been trying to fall asleep but the thunder was too loud. I was scared. I hated storms, they were loud and could be deadly and made me uneasy. I didn't mind rain. Rain was calming. But thunder and lightning were awful.

He grabbed his phone from the bedside table where it had been charging.

Before i could stop myself, i heard myself call his name.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

No i thought to myself Not a bit.

But no, the words kept falling from my mouth. "C-could you like, n-not go? I-I mean. You could g-go if you w-want b-but c-can you stay until I fall asleep" I regretted asking but he didn't leave. He just silently got into the other side of the bed.

His POV

I wrapped an arm around her. You guys are sharing a bed, she's wearing your clothes, almost like a- I shoved the thought to the side before it could go any further.

She was shaking.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you."

The words fell from my mouth before i could stop them.

For some reason she seemed to calm down after that. She took a deep breath and said a small "Thank you" before drifting asleep.

Her POV

"Don't worry. I'll protect you."

Something about those words calmed me down.

"Thank you." i said quietly.

God i love you. I thought to myself before falling asleep.

His POV

Her breaths became long and slow. She stopped shaking. I looked down at her.

I love you, so much. I thought to myself as i fell asleep next to her.