Homecoming

Pretty soon, Homecoming was right around the corner. I knew that the girls where going to make me come with to go dress shopping. Allison was going with Scott, and Lydia had Jackson. Stiles was considering finally asking out Sophia after a month of awkward flirting and texting.

"Just ask here Stiles. She likes you. I know for a fact that you like her. So get it over with!" I was getting annoyed with Stiles pussyfooting around the subject.

"But what if she says no?"

"She won't! Just man up and ask her." I walked farther down the hall and was stopped by a senior guy.

"Hey, you are Emilia Livingston right?"

"I am. And you are?" He held out his hand for me to shake.

"I am Lance Hemingway."

"Like the author?" I smiled as I shook his hand.

"Yeah, most people make that joke. I was wondering if you wanted to go to Homecoming with me? My little brother Jake says that you are quite the interesting girl."

"You are Jake's brother?"

"So you do know him. I have seen you around school and lately you have really come into your own. That confidence is sexy." I flushed a bit at the compliment. My thoughts went to Derek. If he wasn't going to take me seriously then why not take the compliments from a guy who likes what he sees in me.

"How about a date first? I would like to know the guy I might go to homecoming with." He smiled and nodded.

"How about tomorrow night? I know it is a Wednesday, but I am not busy."

"That sounds great. How about you pick me up around six and we can go get some dinner. Something casual?" His smile grew.

"That I can do. I will need your number and address so I can know where to pick you up." I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and handed him a new contact page. He did the same with his phone and I typed in my name, number, and address. I smiled at him and he grinned back. "So I will see you tomorrow night."

"Later Lance." I continued down the hall to my last class before lunch. As soon as it was over I rushed to the normal table my friends used for lunch. Lydia and Allison were already making plans about dress shopping.

"Finally, Em, do you have a dress for the dance yet?" Allison asked me.

"No, I don't but you know that I am not a fan of dresses." I was still staying well within my comfort zone on that front.

"Please! It will be fun. And you can't go to the dance without one."

"Fine. I might need one since I might have a date." The girls smiled.

"Who?" Both of them asked at the same time. Just then Sophia sat down with her tray next to Stiles.

"What are you guys talking about?" She asked.

"Emilia might have a date to the dance." Allison was excited.

"Really? Who?" Sophia smiled.

"Lance Hemingway." The girls all smiled. Both Scott and Stiles looked shocked. They were more than likely thinking about Derek.

"Like Jake's older brother? He is so sexy!" Sophia was practically bouncing with energy.

"He really is." Allison smiled as she spoke. Scott looked offended. "First off Scott, I did not say he was hotter than you, and second I may be in a relationship, but I am not blind." Scott blushed and bowed his head. Due to Allison being his first girlfriend he didn't know the rules yet.