Maxine

Aza rolled his eyes. He was mildly annoyed with Lydia, she was always nice to everyone. Sometimes too nice, he believed.

"Now that we have that out of the way, could we be left alone please?"

He spoke sharply. Normally his character wasn't so rude but the poison had temporarily caused a bitterness.

"Aza stop, she's fine."

Lydia turned and glared at him in his nest. It was practically falling apart already. They had only been sleeping in that cave for two days and it needed to be cleaned up. The female shinx whispered to Maxine.

"He's a little cranky today."

The meowstic laughed and sat down quietly. She wanted to know more about these two, and she was determined to get answers.

"So, you say you two left home. Why is that? I don't mean to pry. You both just look so young."

Aza groaned at that word. Young. He hated it, and always will hate it.

"We don't have to tell you anything!"

He spat before flopping down in his nest facing away from Maxine's direction. Lydia padded to her and sat nearby.

"Trust me, you'll like him more tomorrow. Anyway, your question. We didn't really leave, it's more like we're on vacation. Really we just wanted to get out and explore what we can. Mom finally let us both leave. Aza was excited because he wanted to try and find a way to evolve. He's been dreaming about it forever, and I hope I can help him somehow. We're the closest out of all our siblings."

Maxine wasn't prepared for such an answer. Originally she was going to protect these two, but now she had a different plan.

"It sounds like you have your next few weeks all planned out. Except for one thing, that is."

She looked around the cave. The walls were soaked with water and there was a cold feeling to the air.

"I could let you stay with me for a little while. Just to keep you safe, this area is full of pokémon who could really hurt you. Only if you want though. I wouldn't want you to unless you felt it was necessary."

Once more the male shinx groaned to himself. Aza secretly wanted out of this place but was in no mood to stay with Maxine. He only wanted Lydia with him, no one else.

"I'll talk to Mr. Grump over here about it, then we'll decide!"

She hopped over to her brother and whispered to him.

"I really think it's a good idea. She seems nice enough, and very eager to help us. Can we? Please?"

He closed his eyes and scooted further down into the twigs and grass while mumbling something inaudible. Lydia bopped him on the head and he repeated himself.

"If you want to that badly then fine, we can go."

She grinned at her brother and bounded back over to Maxine to tell her the good news.