Prologue x

Disclaimer's Note: I don't own any Hetalia Characters. They all belong to Himaruya Hidekaz.

Prologue

Figure Skating has always been my passion.

Ever since I was a child, it was a favorite hobby of mine.

My parents were popular figure skaters in their time, and soon enough, when I came to this world, they soon passed it on to me.

I was always inspired by my parents to always do better--no, my best--whenever I figure skate.

I do this sport, to impress my parents.

I compete in competitions--both regional and international competitions.

I figure skate to impress the fans of my parents and my parents themselves, simply because they think I have the skills of both of them combined. 

Well, not until 5 years ago.

You see, when I was thirteen, my parents died on the same day, on different accidents. I was forced to stay with my auntie and uncle after their funeral. I never liked my aunt and uncle. They're so mean, like, all the time. But, having no other place to run to, I was forced to stay with them. I lived with them for 5 years, and once I turned 18, I was off to college, they finally let me live my own life, without someone to tell me what to do.

I also figure skate to express my feelings.

I've been harboring feelings for someone close to me ever since my parents died.

He's always been there for me, no matter what.

All I know is, as long as he's by my side, I feel like I can do anything.

And when I say I can do anything, I can skate to my heart's desire.

But the same day I met him--the day of my parents' funeral--was the same day he left me.

I couldn't remember his name, but all I can remember was that he approached me when I was crying in the garden outside of the room where my parents funeral was held. To cheer me up, he gave me was a pair of ice skates--which were a little big at that time--that had the Finnish flag on it, and a little white stuffed dog.

I was happy. So happy, I actually forgot that my parents were dead, actually.

I was really grateful, because he was the person that created a rainbow in my dark life.