Chapter 37

Chapter 37

It seemed that everything was finally going to work out between Damien and myself, Jason was ok with my relationship with him, mom said that she would take a chance on him and for the past 24 hours, Chase and Damien seemed to be getting along with one another. I was sitting on the couch with Damien, Jason had gone to the kitchen to get some coffee so that he could try and wake himself up.

"Ding Dong."

The doorbell rang, I looked at Damien confused, Jason pooped his head to see Damien and myself.

"Jason was Matt supposed to come over today?" I asked.

"No, I haven't talked to him for almost a week, It could be Chase, he was out looking for me wasn't he?" Jason asked and went back to his coffee.

"He is right it could be him, I left him a message that Jason was back here." Damien looked at me. I got up from the couch and started to walked towards the front door.

It wasn't Chase.

It was my dad.

"Dad?" I questioned; I hadn't seen him for more than a year. He still looked the same, tall skinny with dark hair, his glasses hung off the tip of his nose. Jason then appeared behind me.

"What are you doing here, who died?" he asked with all seriousness in his voice as he held onto his mug that was filled with dark roasted coffee.

"I got a call saying that I should come over that Emma wasn't doing good, are you ok what happened."

Then Brandon's voice echoed in my head. He knew something that I didn't. what was it?

"She is fine; you can go home." Jason stepped in front of me.

"Peter?" Damien's voice was heard from behind me, he was standing just a couple of steps away from me.

"Damien, what are you doing here. Does your mother know where you have been?" dad stepped inside the house and took a couple of steps towards Damien.

"You know my dad?" I walked towards Damien as he grabbed my hand.

"Yeah, Peter is my mom's husband, he is my stepdad." He looked down at me.

Damien's mom was the one that broke the marriage between my dad and my mom, she is the reason that my dad was no longer living with us. They all were, Damien and his sister, they were also a part of it.

It all made sense now, how he knew of the small diner. how he had mentioned that his stepdad was a judge. The picture of their home came into my mind. I hated all of them, I had hated them even before I had known who they were. And I had loved them knowing who they weren't. It didn't make any sense. My body felt numb. As if I wasn't there at all. This was all a mistake.

"Wait this is your girlfriend, the one that you and your mother have been talking about." I heard my dads' voice echoing in the background. "The girl that your mom saw sneaking out of your room?"

"Hey, what's going on?" I heard a voice that pulled me back to reality. I turned my head and my eyes landed on Chase; his hair was a mess. He looked like he was out of breath, like he had run back after not being able to find Jason. My hand had fallen out of Damien's hand.

Laughter, that was all that was heard. My laughter. Finally, I had gone mad.

"Did I miss something?" Chase looked at me and at everyone around us that were just looking at me. I held my stomach, from the pain of laughing so hard.