Loving A Vampire Chapter 6

Loving A Vampire

Chapter 6

I got up slowly grabbing my backpack and stuffing as many of the black roses into it as possible. I took another look at the thousands of roses lying all around me and headed back home. Nobody was there when I arrived so I hurried upstairs quickly wanting to look at the pictures I took of the gravestone.

Once I'm in my room I take all of the roses out of my backpack and throw them on my bed then I switch on my laptop and plug in my digital camera. I upload the photos and go into complete shock when I see them. On each and every photo Kaleb is sitting on top of the gravestone looking directly at me with his piercing blue eyes.

I sit staring at the screen for a while trying to piece everything together and then something snaps inside my head and I know where Kaleb is. He is buried in the grave at the farmhouse. I slept on his grave last night! I was sure that even though he was buried he was still alive and it was up to me to save him.

I ran down the stairs almost bumping into my mom.

"Hi, how was your sleepover?"

"It was fun" I replied pushing past her. She gave me a strange confused look but didn't say anything so I hurried outside to my dad's shed where he kept all of his tools. I found a shovel, ran to my car opened the door and threw it on the backseat. I jumped in, started my car and sped away.

I found Kaleb and now I was going to free him, maybe this whole nightmare would be over and I could get to know him and find out what happened to him. I stopped at the farmhouse and jumped out of my car grabbing the shovel and running to his grave. In broad daylight the place didn't look as scary as it did at night. I lifted the shovel high and brought it down to the ground. The shovel bounced back causing a shock of pain to run through my body. I let the shovel fall looking down to where it had hit the ground and was amazed that there wasn't even a dent in the ground. I bent down and tried digging with my hands but that didn't work either. The ground was as hard as steel. I tried digging with the shovel again but it was completely useless.

I was really frustrated at this point, I've come so far and now I was stuck again. I tried digging some more but gave up when my hands were hurting so bad that I couldn't even hold the shovel anymore. A scream of pure frustration slipped out of my throat as I threw the shovel to the ground. I started walking back to my car feeling like a failure, I let Kaleb down. I was only a few feet away from the grave when I heard an evil laugh. I turned around and saw Virgil standing next to the gravestone. Just the sight of him scared me so badly that I started shaking.

"Give up Chelsea. You're never going to be able to save him". Virgil said sarcastically.

"I'll never give up!" I screamed as I turned around and ran towards my car. I didn't look back once until I was safely in my car. I couldn't see him anywhere but that didn't mean he wasn't there. I raced back home all the way expecting to see him jump out in front of my car or to feel his fangs digging into my neck.

When I got home I jumped out of my car ran upstairs and locked my door. I closed my curtains and lit some candles, it was still daylight and the candles gave off an eerie glowing light in my room. I didn't know much about witchcraft but I had to try something. I always loved my grandmother's stories but I never really thought of myself as a witch or tried any spells especially not calling up spirits or a buried vampire's soul.

I placed the black roses in a big circle on my bedroom floor and sat down in the middle. I was really nervous. I had no idea what I was doing or if it was going to work. I had all the books about witchcraft stacked in my cupboard but I was in a hurry and didn't want to waste time by searching trough them.

"Kaleb" I whispered softly.

"Kaleb, I know where you are buried, I tried to dig up your grave but I can't. You need to help me, you need to tell me what to do" I begged but nothing happened.

I started feeling completely helpless, how am I suppose to save him when I had no idea what I was doing.

"Kaleb! Tell me what to do!" I yelled as loud as I could.

At first nothing happened but then the candles started flickering and the circle of roses started rising up in the air. I was scared out of my mind not knowing what was going to happen next so I just sat there looking at the roses. They started spinning around me, faster and faster rising higher until they were almost touching the ceiling. I heard awful growling noises that I recognized as Kaleb and Virgil. The daylight in my room started turning dark leaving the candles as my only source of light. The roses were still spinning when I heard a loud bang next to my bed and saw my bedside table brake causing everything on it to fall to the ground.

The growling got louder as I heard another thump at the opposite wall and saw as my framed pictures fell to the ground. They were fighting but I couldn't see them. I knew the fight was getting really bad by their growls and screams. My things were scattered all over the room as they bumped into things. It was all getting too much for me, I was freaking out completely by this point. I stood up and screamed as loud as my lungs aloud me.

"Stop it!"

As the words left my mouth the screaming and growling stopped, the candles stopped flickering and the roses spinning above my head burst into a downpour of red blood. The room went completely black for a few seconds and then just as fast turned back to normal daylight.

I couldn't believe what I saw. My bedroom walls were covered in red writing. The black roses were scattered all over my bedroom floor between photo frames, clothes and a number of other things that were tossed around during their fight.

I stumbled to my bed nearly tripping over my lamp and sat down with my head in my hands. I pulled my legs to my chest and just sat there staring at the bloody writing on my wall.